Is it usually fiddly to put on a dr cook?

JanC

Nov 10, 2006
Am I missing something - not undoing some straps maybe - but I'm not finding putting on a dr cook bitless bridle very easy :eek: Is there a nack that will prevent me having all these straps gathered up around my poor suffering horse's face whilst I try to get it over her ears!

When I take mine off I undo the noseband and one of the crossunder straps (usually the one on the left side. The whole thing then slides off over her ears like a normal bridle. To put it on, keep the crossunder straps under her face as you pull it up like a normal bridle - nose through the noseband, headpiece over her ears, then fasten noseband and crossunder strap. Putting it on's a bit like putting a headcollar on. :)

Ahhh Bronya, thats where I'm going wrong too:). I usually get his nose in then pull the crossunder straps right up then slide it over his ears (as he is horrendously head shy it can take some time:rolleyes:)

All I ever undo is the noseband:confused: When I put it on I give the cross under straps a pull down to open everything up before I present it to the horse's head, so it's exactly like putting a headcollar on.

I do it like Yann - only ever undo noseband and thenpull crossunder straps down with one hand, hold the headpiece with the other hand and slide onto head easy as pie ;)

=]

newrider.com