Is life just getting too serious??

Innocence

Jun 1, 2009
Everything is too serious these days. Soon people won't be allowed to have fun, at least it shows the police are normal people just like the rest of us.

I feel they get more respect if they are not aggressive or try to stamp their authority.

Angel155

Sep 16, 2005
Chester
I saw this on BBC TV news. I thought they were having a great time. Shame they got reprimanded for it though......all because someone posted it on the internet. Ironic now that it has been put on TV and will probably be repeated tonight too and receive even more viewers.

IMO they caused no problems.......no one died because of it. :rolleyes:

ALP

Apr 1, 2004
Carlisle, Cumbria
Visit site
Way too serious.

There was a debate on Radio 2 at lunchtime about the 'Naked Rambler' Apparently he has offended some people who have seen him out and about and now he may be charged for indecency!! He is a naturist if he wants to ramble naked let him,. Not into that kind of thing myself (too damn cold in Cumbria at the moment :eek:), but if he is happy no problem.

Personally I would not know where to look if I met him, but I would certainly not be offended.

Alison xx

Sofi P

Jan 2, 2008
Solihull
I agree that they were only having fun, no harm intended etc.

BUT, I can also see the other side... they were on duty, ie. they were supposed to be working. I work in an office and I wouldnt have been allowed to pop off for a sledge in the car park during work hours (lunch time was fine though!)

Regardless, it doesnt look as if they got in much trouble really, just a ticking off for the sake of the media.

kathyt1

Jan 4, 2003
Bracknell, Berkshire
Visit site
I agree that they were only having fun, no harm intended etc.

BUT, I can also see the other side... they were on duty, ie. they were supposed to be working. I work in an office and I wouldnt have been allowed to pop off for a sledge in the car park during work hours (lunch time was fine though!)

Regardless, it doesnt look as if they got in much trouble really, just a ticking off for the sake of the media.

Yes, but they had proberbly been on duty all night, or set off to their nearest station, on foot, many hours before starting work. We have had officers walking 16 miles into work! Where I work they built a brill snowman overnight outside the station and we dressed it in dayglow with a hat (although only when we were shoveling snow to clear the entrance, otherwise might have got nicked!). I hope they didn't get into too much trouble, the job is stressfull enough.

Sofi P

Jan 2, 2008
Solihull
I think this is great public relations and they have done more for the reputation of the police and being seen as approachable then any spin doctor could ever manage :)

Very true!

Can I also point out, I couldnt care less what they got up, really just playing devil's advocate

PoweredByHorses

Jul 19, 2009
Cheshire
some of those shields that police use have electric shock thingys built into them,wonder if any of them found their bums red and crispy after sledging?

there should not be anything wrong with what they have done.
look at how the bosses treat police who take up already limited disabled parking bays because they're going to get something from the shops/food place,and then look at how they deal with some of their guys who were out sledging and doing no harm and also probably making more people like the police for showing they are no different and one of them to,think the bosses have got their treatment the wrong way round there.