Is this common?

Dark Storm

Well I'll be a Krampus's Auntie! :D!
Jan 4, 2009
Hadfield
I found out today that a friends horse has just 'dropped' at 4:confused:

It does explain why he was a handful, and his shenanigans with my youngster.. but how come nobody was aware that he's been a rig for the last 4 years? Surely his previous owners would have been aware as to whether he'd been gelded or not, or has some one lied, hoping that they would never drop:confused:
I'm assuming he's been passported as a gelding, but to become a stallion over night.... at 4... well that's either a miracle.. his balls have regrown or they were never removed:eek:

Sounds odd - somebody on here had terrible troubles with a rig many years ago - can't remember the details but it was quite a sad story. Sounds to me like they never came down to start with and they just didn't investigate further?

I suspect the owner knew, but sold him on, hoping that they either never dropped, or would be the new owners problem if they did...

If it's a registered breed passport he must have a vet's certificate to accompany a gelding registration.

This passport thing is a waste of time, it really is. there are so many issuing authorities you cannot beleive a thing that's written in them.

newrider.com