Is this true for your horse :)

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
There needs to be a little slice for water and where are my friends, but food glorious food magical food , yep.
Bit like me! Breakfast, lunch, something to keep me going until lunch.

_20200915_110457.JPG
Anyone want to share this week's worries?

I can start.
Roundworm burden and I couldn't worm her the other day.
She did look stiff yesterday, god hope not start of lami.
Why isn't she eating the grass at the top of the track, what's wrong with it.
Brambles are overtaking dien there, we won't have enough grass.
Random thoughts that pass through rather than actually worrying.
But we all do it don't we?

There needs to be a little slice for water and where are my friends, but food glorious food magical food , yep.

View attachment 103908

I can start.
Totally right for Hogan - food is his god.

Oh yes I can identify with lots of horse worries!
This week's for me are:
Upon picking out her wonky back foot (the leg with the worst arthritic hock and a cavity in the hoof) I discovered that she has really deep clefts and I got right in there and it seemed TOO deep :eek: at one side. So am now googling and trying to learn as much as I can about hooves. Farrier isn't coming for a while but when she does I'll be able to have a chat about it. I am having visions of there being something really dire wrong, yet she's not lame or anything:oops:

Why is Zi still putting on weight? He's on less grazing, less hard feed and I'm bringing him in for four hours a day with a tiny amount of boring dry hay. And he's doing some bits and bobs in hand. Argh. Another good doer it seems! Omg wonder if he's eating his straw bed?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My worries are a bit simpler: mostly are they where they should be? and, if dentist or farrier due, will Rody behave? As the answer to the latter is almost certainly “no”, the follow up worry is whether dentist/farrier can cope or will Rody need to be sedated?

Oh yes I can identify with lots of horse worries!
This week's for me are:
Upon picking out her wonky back foot (the leg with the worst arthritic hock and a cavity in the hoof) I discovered that she has really deep clefts and I got right in there and it seemed TOO deep :eek: at one side. So am now googling and trying to learn as much as I can about hooves. Farrier isn't coming for a while but when she does I'll be able to have a chat about it. I am having visions of there being something really dire wrong, yet she's not lame or anything:oops:

Why is Zi still putting on weight? He's on less grazing, less hard feed and I'm bringing him in for four hours a day with a tiny amount of boring dry hay. And he's doing some bits and bobs in hand. Argh. Another good doer it seems! Omg wonder if he's eating his straw bed?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Answer to that problem. Ditch the hard feed.
:)

I wormed her but you would think I was trying to kill her. She's never been such a drama queen. Anyway, it's done.

No other worries today. :)

Reactions: Trewsers
Answer to that problem. Ditch the hard feed.
:)

Hahahaa can’t do that he needs a token to keep him happy as it’s unfair when the others get a bucket. I think the amount he gets is so tiny it isn’t the cause of him being porky. That’s his metabolism and no work and grass! I need a treadmill or horse walker lol

Hahahaa can’t do that he needs a token to keep him happy as it’s unfair when the others get a bucket. I think the amount he gets is so tiny it isn’t the cause of him being porky. That’s his metabolism and no work and grass! I need a treadmill or horse walker lol
Treadmills are great. They had one at previous place.

Reactions: Trewsers

View attachment 103908

I can start.
This is entirely accurate for me and Jess, the bloody problem is she normally is getting into 1 scrape or another! the little boys I rarely have to think twice about!
My current musings are; should I put a big horse house next to the Hank hut before winter? Should I do something about the footing around the top hay post? I need to plan for spraying and overseeding for spring. When do I worm Niko, how long is long enough for the grass sickness risk to be less? When will Jess grow up and start taking care of herself? Who will get the number 2 slot, Hank or Niko? ?

I found an ex rabbit hole that had partly filled itself. Filled that with poop.
Silly question, when a rabbit digs a hole, where is all the soil from the hole. :)

Re your footing query @Jessey , answer yes before the winter.
I am just starting to think of the autumn and have ordered a few things for the tie up tree. For me as much as her.

Reactions: Jessey
Dont get me started on rabbit holes. We have a crater appearing in our field where the rabbits have dug out. I warned brother to steer clear or he'll tip the tractor over. Hes seen where it is. Thank god we didnt make haty on that field this year. He wouldnt have even seen it. We will have to have a digger in to push all the spoil back up and fill it back in. We have some bad warrens appearing. The rabbits need a dose of mixxy to knock the numbers back again.

newrider.com