Is your horse/pony your ideal steed?

Harvey is too green for me really, and I would like something a little bit more forward. Having said that he's mine, I love him to bits (most days!), and he gets less green and more forward by the day.

I love my boy to bits however he's not anything I'd of expected I'd love as much, I'm so very lucky to of found him and we are now the best of friends and he has a fab personality, is kind natured with a dollop of pony cheekiness that makes me love him even more! :D If I'm been honest though although he jumps well he isn't as capable as I'd like him to be, however realistically with young children I don't have the time to compete like I once enjoyed and so ATM he's perfect for me. So I would say he is my ideal horse for where I'm at in life ATM, and he can do all RC stuff and always tries his heart out for me( which means a lot) and is so nice around my kids, TBH I don't know if I could ever part with him as everyday he makes me smile. Does your horse/pony make you smile and what makes them special to you?:) x
I'm not sure how to work this site but this is the best I could! Basically I have a horse and she bites and kicks (only occasionally) other horses. My mum hates her and I don't know what to do, if I sell her I'm not allowed another horse ever again. I have no idea what I should do as I'm pretty sure everyone else on my livery yard hates her as well She is so good when I ride her but when other people do she acts up so much and my mum broke her whip hitting her the other day My mum won't listern to me and abuses my horse all the time because she hates her Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do?? Thanks

I'm not sure how to work this site but this is the best I could! Basically I have a horse and she bites and kicks (only occasionally) other horses. My mum hates her and I don't know what to do, if I sell her I'm not allowed another horse ever again. I have no idea what I should do as I'm pretty sure everyone else on my livery yard hates her as well She is so good when I ride her but when other people do she acts up so much and my mum broke her whip hitting her the other day My mum won't listern to me and abuses my horse all the time because she hates her Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do?? Thanks

I presume you are exaggerating about your mother hitting her with a whip and it breaking?
If this post is genuine then I suggest you confide in an adult you trust and tell them your mum is abusing your horse. Violence towards any horse is unacceptable. Are you in the uk? Hate is a strong word to use, and very human too, I am sure the whole livery yard do not hate your horse. There most likely will be a reason she "acts up" when other people ride her. When did the vet last see her and how long have you had her? If she is subjected to being whipped I doubt you will get the best out of her and quite frankly it is cruelty.

I've always thought Annie and I were well suited, always enjoyed and appreciated her, but the more new horses I've ridden since she went on loan (almost 60... been keeping busy in NZ!) the more I find myself thinking how perfect she is for me. I've been farm riding, cattle mustering, beach riding, hunting, and cross-country training here, all on lovely horses, and the whole time thinking "this would be even better with Annie" and "Annie would be great at this" etc. I'm going to be so happy when we're reunited. Can't wait to get out on a hack with her, I miss our rides so much.
As for Mouse, well, Mouse is just my plaything :D He isn't really "for" me, I always intended for him to be a proper child's pony so when I ride him it's really just to play around!

Reactions: Bodshi

You need to speak to someone about this. It's completely unacceptable. Is there a trusted adult you can confide in?

Reactions: Trewsers
A bit like Frances, I've had Toby for 21 years now. He's my other half (don't tell hubby!). Right horse, wrong time given he came into my life when I had school exams and university. We could have done more had he come to me when I was a financially secure adult but I wouldn't swap our relationship for anything. We know each other inside out.

Kezzie is not my perfect horse. He is dramatic yet lazy and does the bare minimum. But we've bonded far more since I've had them at home and he's actually quite sweet.

We'll have to see about Louisa. She's a feisty wee fire cracker with a huge personality and sense of humour. For being a mare we had bonded within a few months (I don't normally like mares!). Excited about getting her under saddle next autumn.

I swear that on the whole of God's broad earth there isn't a more loveable pony than Ziggy. And I think 3 out of 4 isn't bad.

I'm filling up a bit now because I love him so. Sorry *snif*

I missed this thread. This is lovely. Dust in my eye too now......

It's very early days with Amber. But she seems pretty perfect so far. And more than 'perfection' we have chemistry. She has really captured my heart in a way I did not expect.

I missed this post too.

Raf is my perfect horse, he's the dream pony from my childhood. He's not great at anything (except hacking) but neither am I and I have no desire to be, nor have any illusions that I could be even with a £10k horse. Raf tries his best for me and he looks after me. He also gives me kisses and rests his soft muzzle in my hands when he's feeling sleepy. I just wish I could give him back as much as he gives me. If I lost him I don't think I'd get another.

Being great at hacking IS great. Hacking is the ultimate challenge imo as you have to deal with the unknown all the time. If you have a great hacking horse you have a great horse.

Since this thread started I have been riding Larry. He was once described to me as a perfect teenagers horse. He is a gelding, push button and seemed boring but I wasnt suposed to canter him in case he bucked. All that changed. I have ridden him slow and done Brannaman turns, I have ridden him fast, I have sat his spooks. I have groomed him and ridden him my very best. There hasnt been the delirium of my favourite mares but I have felt safe and happy. I am picking up the vocabulary for geldings - saying Hallo boy and good lad. I long to ride every day just to be on him and out there in this glorious summer.
So I guess I have been allocated the perfect horse.

newrider.com