Isn't it great how riding influences your mood?

Mary Poppins

Oct 10, 2004
Visit site
I had such a great time riding last night. I felt that I rode my very best, the horse went well and I really felt I had achieved something. I feel fantastic today and my colleagues are bored of hearing about it (and I only told them for 2 minutes!). I am on such a high I wish I could escape this office and do it all again.

Is anyone else feeling equally pleased with themselves?

Yes, I do have that, too... normally always in a better mood when I do horsey stuff...

Problem is... I like riding and doing horsey stuff much more than my job which is no good when you spend most of your life working!!!!

It becomes a real rollercoaster ride!!!!

last night went well!

I know exactly what you feel like!...
:) im feeling very happy with my little horse after last night! it was warm and i nearly didnt bother riding! Soooo glad i did! Just to tell you me and Flash showjump at local level regularly during the summer and he does well with the adrenaline pumping! but at home he can be a bit backward and rarely jumps as well. Anyway...i set up a few makeshift XC fences in our jump field. i.e. 5 beer barrels on their ends in a row. two big water pipes on top of one another proped up with some milk crates and some oil barrels on the side... all about 2ft9-3ft ish. i went into it all a little half heartedly TBH but when i started jumping he felt fab! :p anyway we ended up jumping each fence in both directions all really well. Jumped them all at random angles and some long strides and he did it all brillaintly and listened wonderfully! (this is a horse that chips if we are wrong in rather than streching for it. ... were working on that and slowly its getting better.) Well by the end of the sesion he was actually pulling me towards the jump! ive work for a long time to get him to do that! it felt fantastic i was able to sit quiet and adjust the stride knowing that all the energy we had in the canter was still there! no silly shortening of strides at the end. no climbing the fence at the last minute just some fabulous jumping that felt great!!

whoops ive waffled on somewhat! :eek: sorry!
Anyway! small achievement really and probably nothing worth mentioning but put me in such a good mood and made me even more excited about the mini XC competition we have planned for next week and the hired XC course on Saturday! bring it on! :)

Feeling pretty pleased with myself at the moment. Hopefully, have got the napping issue sorted, no attempts since. The other night, I found a new hacking route, off road, loads of places to explore, horse was very happy when we got off road. Then to cap it all off, we found a HUGE clearing, checked it was safe for a canter, then off we went and had a great time. Big cheesy grin still on my face :D

Riding definately affects my mood. It's a great feeling when things go well and it feels like the end of the world sometimes when they don't!

I also think 'life' can affect our riding and our confidence too.

It really does make you feel better...

Well compared to others my achievements as such are wholey unremarkable...

I am feeling great because for the first time in 3 months my horse is sound enough to be ridden...just being to get on & go for a pootle down the lane works wonders on my mood! :D Simple pleasures...:)

I'm feeling quite happy with myself today.

From what Palmerlover52 had said, Joy was being a little minx and trying it on whilst I was away.

I haven't ridden for a couple of weeks because first I was on holiday and then this week I have had flu and this is the first time I have set foot outside the house since Sunday night.

I'm still not feeling great but I decided Joy had to have some exercise (she's getting fat) and normally I won't ride when feeling off-colour or in a bad mood because Joy picks up on this and can be sharp. Today I just got on with it.

Joy was being very nappy, first not standing from the moment I got in the saddle (she was great when being mounted) and then trying to trot rather than active walk. She wasn't being naughty as such, just very excited to be going out.

I wasn't in the mood to be messed about so was very strict with her, she then settled down but was still on her toes and I took her somewhere she hadn't been before. RESULT! :D

I know the pleased feeling well! its great isn't it?! To be honest, my horses influence my whole life - I feel as tho I've woken up after a really long sleep - after 30 years of wanting my own horses and 20 years of not riding, I really feel pleased about life in general. Everything changed on 2nd July 2004. I had my first hack after 20 odd years - and I walked on air for the rest of the holiday!! I then realised nothing would ever be the same again - cue several months of riding lessons later and 2 horses and the whole world turned upside down for the better! Each day I feel lucky and extremely happy. I wonder how I lived before these creatures came into my life.

Same here! If I didn't have to work I would have 4 horses and ride all day long.

I told my OH that when he finishes his PhD, and he gets a job... about 5 yrs down the line, I am gonna do exactly that!!! (Well, except not the 4 horses part... would make do with 2!) :D

newrider.com