Isn't it great... when you have a great lesson!

Purple Hugs

Aug 27, 2005
Nr Llanelli, SW Wales
After feeling like i've been 'treading water' at my new school for the last few weeks - I have just finished a most amazing lesson! :D

I did a slalom (spell check) of blocks, in trot. :D Have never even attempted it till today in walk and then missed one of the 4 in trot, but got them all after that. :D

I think the change of horse helped too as she responded on first asking which was lovely. :D I've another different horse next week.

My daughter is 6 and rides at the same time as me - she managed it in walk but not in trot. The pony she rides was a bit un-responsive today she struggled a bit to be honest.

I do feel like i'm on cloud 9 though, did loads of trotting and with the slalom on top it was a great lesson.

Sorry to rave on.. but I know you guys will understand the 'high' of it all! :p

:D good lessons rock!!

I get the high of it all!! it's great, isn't it!!

and how cool is that to be learning to ride alongsde your littl'un!! I wish my Mum had come with me when I first learned to ride at 4!

I Wish I Could Ride With My Mum! ( She Doesn't Like Horses).
I Love Good Lessons Its Encourageing And Confidence Building.

I agree, good lessons are the best. I had a really good one last week (riding my favorite Muddle) then this week I was back on Daisy moo but then this afternoon (I was helping out at my RS all day) someone didn't turn up for a lesson and I got a second lesson of the day on Muddle :) And we had a jumping competition and I came 3rd - we had a jumping competition 3 weeks ago and I only came 5th so I must be getting better :D

Great to hear you had such a good lesson :) I have yet to try a slalom in my lessons (but I saw one of the other groups doing them today)

Aww that's great! I love it when you've just had a lesson and you're really proud of yourself! I always phone my mum and sister straight after my lesson to tell them! hehe!

Glad you are all getting the high too!! :)

It is nice to ride with Erin, although I don't think it'll be for much longer, she's quite shy and isn't taking 'charge' of her pony all the time, so it's mucking her around sometimes. :rolleyes: going the complete opposite way etc.
Although having said that, the menage is much bigger than in our old school so I'm able to trot from front to back of ride etc, and there is plenty of space to go into canter - when that comes. and trot over poles, so it could be a while yet. ;) I hope so, as it gives her a bit of confidence us riding together, and is lovely to share a hobby. :)

Raingodz - well done on coming 3rd on your jumping!! I found jumping position hard on my legs the one time i've attempted it in a lesson. :eek: i'm kind of dreading that! but know this school will make me canter and trot / canter poles before that so I have a way to go yet. ;)

Funny how different schools do things in a different order!:cool:

Purple Hugs said:
Raingodz - well done on coming 3rd on your jumping!! I found jumping position hard on my legs the one time i've attempted it in a lesson. :eek: i'm kind of dreading that! but know this school will make me canter and trot / canter poles before that so I have a way to go yet. ;)

Funny how different schools do things in a different order!:cool:

It is funny isn't it. We did trotting poles, trotting over jumps and then cantering over jumps.

newrider.com