It was all going so well

Dannii5691

Owned by Ponies!
Nov 16, 2009
June has been loosing weight, farrier says she's past the lami, just feeling her tootsies a bit as she's quite flat footed. has started going out in her bald paddock, looking good, feeling fine ...

And then the winds. She is usually fine in strong winds, and then a big orange sack blew across the field and attacked the fence (the ton bags from b&q). Pony has a fit and jumps out of paddock over 4ft fencing and takes the electrified fence with her. Sliced into her back leg and takes the energiser, tape and posts for a gallop round the field. Was rescued but once she had been untangled the bag started blowing up the field and she had another fit, flattened her rescuer and made a break for it.
Wouldn't be caught and spent the day out in the very long very green very lami unfriendly grass.

By the time I got up after work OH was there collecting the fence from round the field and June was stood looking very upset, called her and she came trotting (lame on back leg and sore in fronts) over, very relieved mummy had came and saved her.

Cleaned leg, tucked her up with a haynet and a feed with a bute in it.

It was all going so well :stomp::banghead::stomp::banghead:

Awwww .... blasted wind !!!!!!

You did the right thing getting her in though, soaked hay for a few days, and off the grass, i`m sure she`ll recover quickly, don`t be too disheartened. Sometimes these things happen, but you`re doing all the right things to get her back on track xx

Happened to me too earlier this year. Damn po's test the fence continually "just in case" I've not switched it on or its earthing out somewhere.
Luckily it was grass that been growing a long time and not cropped and regrown grass.
Inside and limited sugar for a short spell will hopefully sort the poor beast out.

Oh no! Poor you! Ziggy is at the same stage of recovery and I would be utterly gutted.

Fingers crossed that she is on the mend and back to work soon. [[[vibes for pony]]] {{{{vibes for you!}}}}

Ohhh god how frustrating!!

I hate it when they escape you dont know wether to be mad or upset!!

Dont worry to much hun, couple of days in and she will be fine again!

:happy:

Awful when these things happen which are completely out of your control. Good wishes for swift and full healing from the wire and that the time off of the grass staves off any possible lami.

Thanks for all of the good wishes, she came out of her box very shuffily and ouchy. Gave her another bute tonight and half in her brekkie tomorrow and will see how she is. Bathed her leg and cleaned away the ganky bit and took her to school to let her stretch her legs.

Hoping that she will feel better tomorrow. Any vibes appreciated!!

Oh no, poor June :( hope she is back to being fixed soon.

Have you tried Protexin & Restore with her?

It sounds like her system is suffering if she became sore so quick.

I have had a similar problem with the fencing and wind. :furious: kept them in at night to avoid anything too drastic, but got there yesterday evening to find it snapped and posts down and horses where they shouldn't be!

oh no :( so sorry to hear this :( naughty pony!!! agree though, if she went sore thatn quickly, her gut/immune system etc are probably not in a great place. keep her off the grass for a few weeks (just to be sure!) and manage her carefully after that. and give her a cuddle from me :)

oh poor girlie! sorry to hear this!

lots of healing vibes coming her way!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully once she's off the grass again she'll make a full recovery

Yes, fantastic stuff :D

It is, Protexin is marvellous stuff too. I had Hollly on the paste after she had lami, and then put her on the powder for a bit. She hasn't had any relapses, recovered quickly and has escaped the electric fencing a few times. Just need to get some weight off her now.

I may well invest in some!! Anything that helps is worth a shot! Girl who fed her this morning said that she is a bit more perky today, little shuffily from her back end but think it doesn't help with having dodgy hip and now a gammy leg her being stood in but unfortunately needs must!! thankfully no gunk coming from wound now so it's not infected. Thats one less thing to worry about! Was imaging with my luck her leg hanging off and turning into some sort of crazed zombie ponyo!!

NP I will give her a hug from you tonight!!

newrider.com