It would take more than training to get me jumping these!

Love it, its amazing what the herd can do for the jumping ability of those ponies, ickle ponies clearing 5ft hedges, fabulous :D and hats off to the kids for going for it. I really want to go hunting, think my plans for boxing day will have to wait until next year now :(

Reactions: Bodshi
I can't think of anything that would terrify me more! Well done to those little tots, some of them are tiny!

I'm with KR!! ^^ I have never EVER felt the urge to go hunting.... no sir-eeee.......

I'm also with KR , I just had palpitations looking at the pics:eek: Those kids must also have brave parents to let them do it in the first place!!!

Amazing kids and ponies!!!
The expression on all of them is priceless!!!
They all look thrilled about the whole thing ponies and kids both.
I really love the pleasant expressions on the ponies!

I would be terrified.

Can you Imagine those kids as adults- they are already such awesome riders

I've never been out hunting - they really do jump any old thing then?!
I wouldn't be able to watch if I was the mum of any of those kids! Love it though.

I've never been out hunting - they really do jump any old thing then?!
I wouldn't be able to watch if I was the mum of any of those kids! Love it though.

I have hunted a few times and from memory we split into groups. The ones who keep up with the pack and yes jump whatever comes up. Then there was my group who stopped to open the gate the others had just cleared!

What I have taken hasn't got silly and although you see people jump the field always has a gate :)
There are various random things to jump, if you are lucky the landowners put things out for you.

Reactions: Bodshi
Brilliant! I love the idea of getting all spammed up with my horse for a days hunting but in reality I would be terrified and hope that I could linger at the back and dodge around the fences!

Wow that's fabulous!! Those ponies are AMAZING. Not to mention the kids! Love little Charlotte and Maisie!

I love taking a kid on lead rein when they shout "come on let's gallop"
You finish up the day with them off lead and they race you. Awesome!

Equally taking a nervous child is also fulfilling. Watching their confidence grow over the season. Borrowing their pony ;)

I have jumped hedges many years ago and went over the point to point fences. I have no desire to these days! I was younger and didn't care about falling off,my body cares much more these days!

2 of the children here at work are extremely gutsy and would have no trouble flying with those kids in the link! There father is the same so he loves it but mum has stomach flips at times!

Oh God, in another life that would be me, I would have been out there flying!

The ponies are such incredible athletes, like little Grand National horses, and they all look as if they are having a ball - love it!

I have watched ten yr olds jump 128cm ponies over 1 metre tracks in competitions.
I'm fascinated to know what they go on to do next. Some of the comments were negative in as much as money can buy a competition pony, maybe, but the rider requires the skill and tonnes of confidence in order to be able to ride one of these well.

My 13.2 welshxarab could clear anything the big 17hh hunters could, he frequently saved me from a sore one and cleared avert thing even from the awful strides I gave him o_O:oops:

Made you fearless, I do miss hunting as Kia was a great hunter, not the bravest jumping at times a bit too careful but he looked after me and was honest as the day was long :)

Must admit the comment of the mother who said her child came home every time covered in mud and grinning from ear to ear did make me wonder if she was mentally impaired not to realise the child could come home with a broken neck! But I'm sure she knows the risks really.

Recently on Facebook someone had shared a video of Marion Coakes and Stroller at the 1968? Olympics. I think Stroller was 14.2? OT, there was also a picture of Harvey Smith riding one of his jumpers bareback and bare-headed, holding a tiny Robert Smith in front of him, along an open ridge overlooking the industrial town of Bingley. Different times!

newrider.com