Its always one thing after another - I cant win!

Volvic

& Harry!
Dec 24, 2003
Home Sweet Home! (Bucks)
Visit site
Ladys mud fever :)confused: yes I know its meant to be summer but shes special ) is clearing up nicely thanks to the magic cream I got from the vets a few months back that i forgot about, but since I've trimmed her feathers, it looks like her legs are getting sunburnt where the hairs gone due to the mudfever :rolleyes: Silly animal! I cant win - shes only out at night :rolleyes: Looks like she'll have to be turned out in boots!

Hmm, seems odd for it to be sunburn if she is only out at night? Perhaps there is something else that is irritating her legs, or where you have stopped using the cream on those bits and its now flaring up again?

If it is sunburn you can get suncream. I use it on my grey on his pink bits, its very think and covers really well, I'd check though if it would clash with the treatment you are already using, but I'd say the same too are you sure its sunburn.

She is only out at night but she goes out at about 5pm & comes in about 7.30am & its light from about 5am-9pm so she will still get some exposure. I use suncream on her other pink bits but I dont think it will do much good on top of the mud fever stuff! I'm trying the boot thing!

Yep, there is always something. I feel this way about expenses. Each month I think I have encountered the last "one-time" horse expense for a while. Then something else comes up. Good luck sorting this out. :)

newrider.com