It's been a helluva week!

Oh my goodness Boo!!!!! What happened? He is utterly adorable in his summer pjs

Have to keep it "clean" because of it being a public forum but suffice to say I was offered him back last Sunday evening because she had lost her grazing. I politely declined due to still being skint this month from all the expenditure associated with my mum. By Wednesday he was reduced to silly money and on a horse auction site on FB with a start price of £100 and a very low reserve. Fearing that he'd be snapped up by a dealer or someone looking for a cheapie, I made her a silly offer last night and she accepted. My daughter has lent me some money, in case you are wondering. I asked on FB for a transporter as he was 150 miles away and as luck would have it, a local company were up that way today, so.... tadaaaaaa! That's the public version, of course ;)

Oh I am so glad he didn't get sold on to anyone dodgy. I'm sure you are delighted to have him back but what are you going to do with him!

If I'm honest, I don't really want three again. Yes, I'm glad to see him and mightily relieved that he didn't disappear off, never to be seen again as I do have the emotional bond of him being the only foal I've ever bred, but I haven't really had time to enjoy just having two because of what happened with my mum. Also, in the last couple of years, I've decided my "youngster" days are over.... I want an easy life these days so I've got all those testing-boundaries and tantrums to come again now. And he's still a shortarse too. I think I will continue his education as much as I can on the ground and then maybe in the spring send him away to be backed and brought on and then sell him on once I have an idea of what he will be like as a riding pony.

Then again, maybe I'm just worn out from not really having had any time to kick back and relax after all that has happened recently....perhaps I'm not thinking straight.

I think you are maybe right and are over worked and over tired atm. Once things go back to normal and you heal from losing your mum you may see things differently.

Oh I knew that little face at once! Whatever really happened, I am glad you have him back for now. You can always find him a new owner after a while.

Welcome back Boo(merang)!

newrider.com