ITS BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS!!!

horseandgoatmom

Dec 3, 2014
Rhode Island,New england
Its snowing here and sometime after 4-6 inches is supposed to turn to rain ugh.
( a bit more plain snow would be better)

Its actually quite pretty to look out at .
Virginia across the street where the horses are is having an xmas luncheon this afternoon-- really glad we can just walk over!!! no driving involved!.
IMG_3339.JPG

Woo hoo and its not windy so that's a big big plus.

Rain line is creeping up a bit but looks like we still have a good slug of snow
continuing before the change over.

Guess I'd better bundle up and shovel a few paths so that it washes clear when the change over does come== so far not enough to really plow or use the snow thrower Please send vibes that it changes before that is needed !!!

I picked up a super present for Virginia yesterday. She has a hydrant that leaks a bit so it does freeze and its sigh the most well placed one agrrr.

The next hydrant is a bit farther away near another barn and its kind of hard to
drain hoses really well on a long stretch -- I got the "last" heated hose at Dover saddlery for miles and miles around~and woo hoo it was a 100ft one !!! yea.

Hopefully it will work good - I know all too well the horrors of hauling water in winter and my from house to barn was too far to think of a heated hose
and I spent 4 winters filling containers and hauling in a wheel barrel - omg I don't miss that but we knew we did not want to stay there and the fix would have been massive and expensive and just plain not an easy fix~~

I'm so thrilled when we did purch and sale on this place the prev owners
did have several hydrants all around the property but none near were the goats barn is so they helped us install one YEA !!!;):):D

This does look pretty but you can stop now PLEASE~!!:rolleyes:

Nope woo hoo !!! Its gonna be 43f on xmas day flurries tonite showers tomorrow and showers xmas eve. I am not unhappy at all!!

It was so nice in town at noon today I was at the post office came out and it was a couple minutes past noon==
the big church there had the bells ringing then OMG I noticed the bells were playing xmas songs!!!
IT WAS AWESOME!!
I would not have thought there would be enough bells in a church belfry to do that !

It does look lovely to look out at when it is just falling and everything looks nice and clean:) What is the large lit up dome above the tree line??

newrider.com