It's getting dark!!

x.Moomoo.x

Apr 28, 2009
South West
Half 7 comes and it's getting dark, grrr! Wasn't that long ago when I was hacking out til 9pm :eek:

Tonight I have to work til 8pm which means getting up the yard about half past. By that time, it's black. I have to muck out 2 stables, do the girls haynets, poo pick their field (although I may leave it until tomorrow) and prepare feeds.

My private stable is up a back lane which apparently is 'not suitable for vehicles' (although quads and my car obviously go up there) and their stable is a stone outbuilding, with no lighting whatsoever :rolleyes:

I think I may need to invest in a GOOD torch! I'm guessing I'm not the only one having to do this?

Horses................................... who'd av 'em!? :rolleyes::p

I know, its horrible :( It was dark when I came from the horses last night - I even managed to call some owls - LOL :p:D

I would invest in a head torch if I were you, as well as a torch. Might make it easier when sorting out food/rugs etc. in the dark :)

Yeah I THINK, there may be a head torch up in our box of junk up the stables :D I'll have a looky - but if not, deffo good idea! I can never make feeds etc with a torch in one hand :p

My head torch is a permanent accessory in the winter. I've even driven home with it on (not switched on, obviously).

But hooray, this summer I moved to a yard with lighting -- so when it gets dark, I can flick a switch, and tell which horse is which again! Love it. :cool:

My head torch is a permanent accessory in the winter. I've even driven home with it on (not switched on, obviously).

But hooray, this summer I moved to a yard with lighting -- so when it gets dark, I can flick a switch, and tell which horse is which again! Love it. :cool:

Haha, this made me laugh :D drove home with it on, just had an image :eek:

Not sure how much light they give off but you can get those wind up lanterns (and torches).

Might be a good idea to have a few dotted around the place!

Hope you're safe there on your own. Do you know any Karate moves?!! Hoooooooooooooooo YA!:D

JEEZZZ! Wouldn't like to creep up on you on a dark night!!! :eek::D

Och Aye the noo, there Sarch.

You're right you wouldn't. I go green and all my clothes start ripping off when I'm angry!!!

.......or is that just when I'm drunk? Hmm could be....:D;)

p.s. our messages are very rarely on topic are they? I think you're right. I am VERY immature.xx

I know what you mean, i'm worried about when i have a horse.
it'll be dark when i go in the morning, and dark again at 6pm when i go after work :eek: :(

I'm fine! I'm hardcore :cool:

My mummy has to take me up as I don't drive yet so she helps me out but shhhsh :eek:

But it's all goooood, nothing wrong with not being able to see what you're doing :D:p

I'm fine! I'm hardcore :cool:

My mummy has to take me up as I don't drive yet so she helps me out but shhhsh :eek:

But it's all goooood, nothing wrong with not being able to see what you're doing :D:p

Glad to hear it!

I'm 34 and I'm a mummy, but my mummy still takes me up the yard sometimes! He he:D

Yeah its rubbish :(

Its made me realise how hard winter is going to be!! New yard is further away and its making me rething my choice to move...but it has so much more to offer ponypants. But its getting darker earlier so quick - I was still up in the field at 8-830 about two weeks ago... it was the same kind of light when I was there at 720 tonight!!!!

I drove around the field for half hour last night trying to find my horse to bring her in from the rain - at 1130pm!!:rolleyes: It's a brill excuse to buy that reflective rug with the stars from Robinsons, she'll never evade my full beams in that!;)

About 80 acres but with lots of little wooded bits, she was tucked right in behind the trees, dry as a bone while the rain soaked right through my coat all the way through to my eskimo jim jams underneath!!

Oohh nice ;) haha, I love going up in my pj's and then overalls :D snug as a bug!

Yeah PJs are mint!!! Ive woken up on the sofa before now at gone midnight and realised I had forgotton late nets when we had been up earlier in afternoon and gone up there in jammys! :D And most impractical footwear as its whatever was handy in sleepy stumble! :p

I would love waterproof PJ's with fleece lined wellies...*sigh*

One of the best things about being a horse mother is definately being allowed to look like a cosy vagrant... and no-one says anything!:D

newrider.com