It's the small things that really count - I do love my OH!

Roxy's Mum

Jul 21, 2009
Dorset
Just as we were falling asleep last night there was a bit of thunder & lightening - which I'll admit, I get quite scared of! I like a good storm but when I know it's coming & not when they take me by surprise. I think it's partly the fear I can remember from when I was little.

Anyway, OH was doing his best to distract me and help me relax & we were talking about being poorly, as I'm coming down with cough/cold type thing, and I asked him if I was very poorly in hospital, would he come and take care of me?

He said of course he would come & visit as often as possible! But he would have to fit it around work, the house and of course taking care of Roxy.... I asked if he would mind & he said of course not, she would still need looking after and lots of cuddles and scratches as normal, plus somebody would have to explain why here Mama is coming to see her but that she still loves her - and take a photo of me to her occasionally so she doesn't forget me!

Bless him, I was really touched that he would immediately take on the responsibility of her without even thinking about it. He may not 'do' Valentines or anniversary cards, but he's definitely there for me when it counts :wub:

You know you have your partner for life with these kinds of gestures don't you :wub:

My OH was completely non horsey, literally used to make any excuse not to be around them or have to do any chores for them. They were my lifestyle not his so to say.

Now though any time i have been ill or needed a hand tho he has taken care of them, learnt a how to handle them and i could now confidently leave him to do them by himself:cloud9:

He now has nicknames for them, asks how they are, and always on hand for shows, vets, bad weather etc

These kind of gestures to me mean the world.:redface:

Aw, that is nice. It is nice to know you can rely on each other for looking after when one of you is poorly. I couldn't have anybody but OH look after me when I'm ill, he's the only person I can stand near me!!

Oh bless him. To me, knowing that someone would look after my horse if necessary is worth far more than cards and flowers. Just as well, as I've never had a bunch of flowers in 13 years! :giggle:

I was touched when he offered to come and help me see to the horses when we had the snow and ice last winter. He got stuck into mucking out etc, and was a great help. That is more important than romantic gestures.

That is more important than romantic gestures.

I agree - although I am sometimes guilty of pouting a little as I don't get flowers or much in the way of romantic gestures, but to be honest OH doesn't have much money & I'd rather he didn't waste money on stuff. Something he evidently agrees with!

But this week he has donned his wellies and come up with me every night to see Roxy straight from work which has been lovely and a huge help, and it means so much more than flowers and other cheesy, romantic stuff (although just a *little* cheesy romantic stuff would be nice occasionally!)

My hubby comes to see Sioned and Bert occasionally, especially if he knows
I am there, although he does pop in if he is driving past to just check
they are OK.

He is ALLERGIC to Horses however, and spends the next 'endless' hours
sneezing, so bless, yes I guess he does show he cares about them otherwise
he would stay away and miss all the sneezing:giggle:

newrider.com