Jacket

Highland Rambler

Aug 7, 2019
My sister says she is not keen on her high viz jacket for training as it gets too hot so s is looking for something more lightweight and possibly water resistant so any advice on what to get would be greatly appreciated :).

I have a 'polite' gillet which is lightly padded, water proof and ideal for the middle weather between wanting a jacket and being too hot in one :)

If it isn't for riding on the roads then she doesn't really need it to be high viz, which gives you a lot of cheaper options and you might find she already has something that will do. As Jessey says a gillet may be a good option, or even just a sweatshirt with a t-shirt underneath. If I were you I'd have a hunt through her existing clothes with her and see if between you you can find something she's happy with, it's pointless spending a lot on new clothes that she'll grow out of. Most of my riding wardrobe isn't proper made for riding clothes - us poor owners can't afford the price tags! I've got lightweight jackets from shops like Mountain Warehouse (I love my local outlet centre) & Primark that do the job for a fraction of the price.

Reactions: Jessey
I just bought recently off eBay but from a shop a noble outfitter cheval and it’s the most waterproof jacket I’ve ever worn! I’m out all day and we’ve had some serious rain! £49.99

I would look in charity shops they are cheap as chips in comparison to buying new and as she will grow out of it it wont matter if she doesnt get on with it long term, or if you have second hand tack shop get something there.

I just bought recently off eBay but from a shop a noble outfitter cheval and it’s the most waterproof jacket I’ve ever worn! I’m out all day and we’ve had some serious rain! £49.99

Can you tell me the name of the shop @Toz? I really like the look of that one. Found it on Amazon for the same price but I'm always wary that they're cheap copies on a third party site. However if you've got one that's tried and tested I might give it a go!

Sorry to hijack the thread, I agree with the suggestions above, pointless spending a fortune at this stage. Gilets are really handy and layer up with a thin waterproof jacket you can mix and match depending on how warm or wet the weather is.

Can you tell me the name of the shop @Toz? I really like the look of that one. Found it on Amazon for the same price but I'm always wary that they're cheap copies on a third party site. However if you've got one that's tried and tested I might give it a go!

Sorry to hijack the thread, I agree with the suggestions above, pointless spending a fortune at this stage. Gilets are really handy and layer up with a thin waterproof jacket you can mix and match depending on how warm or wet the weather is.

Just checked my eBay it’s a seller called ecwthewarehouse and was item number 283400549879
I had tried one on in a saddlery a few weeks ago and liked but couldn’t afford it at the time, I think it was £125 so jumped at this eBay one!

I’ve also bought Noble outfitter tights via Amazon though and they were real. I think companies just sell off cheaper sometimes on other sites. It’s often an end of line colour or something

I must admit I don't like hoods for riding in, but if it's just for school work it should be ok as there's not really anything for it to catch on. She might need to push the bottom up a little bit to ride so she isn't sitting on it and pulling it tight, but see how it goes and if it does pull down a bit she can always undo the zip a little bit to keep it comfortable. It's just a case of finding something she's comfortable in, and the only way to know is to try it.

Just checked my eBay it’s a seller called ecwthewarehouse and was item number 283400549879
I had tried one on in a saddlery a few weeks ago and liked but couldn’t afford it at the time, I think it was £125 so jumped at this eBay one!
Thank you :)

newrider.com