Jodhs for short ar*es like me

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Being short on leg and all that, I either have to buy breeches (which for some reason always come up tight and cost more?) or lop off a good bit of jodh cuff. Now in my attempt to be comfortable and smart - and not have Tom Sawyer style trousers:pI was wondering if anyone knew of specific brands catering for small people. Kids jodhs are just too tight:p(I don't have a flat belly:oops: or thin thighs).
Just thought I'd ask. I do find it hard to find a pair that tick all the boxes. Ideally, something that flatters, sort of holds the wobbly bits in yet doesn't cut off my blood supply:eek::p

I brought some extra think leggings a few years ago from m&s. Down side is they have no pockets. But they have an inner bottom lining which is kinda silk feel material. Waste band is elastic but it's like a 2 inch thick band of elastic. So don't fall down and definitely holds stomach in. Theyve been warn for riding alot. Such that they've gone a bit bobbly. Also I've put on weight and they've strunk a bit over time. In fact I spent yesterday on my funride pulling them down as they kept riding up my legs. But in there early days I lived in them as they were so comfy. But ive had them at least 5 years.
I have a pair of proper jods that were given to me but I don't find them as comfy some how. They were for a slightly larger person than myself. Although with yesterdays issues I might get them out. I might fit into them nowadays. Ah that thing called middle age spread.

I'm 5'4 with a 26" inseam. I use Matalan souluxe active wear leggings. Love them and they last very well.I live in them daily. Tbh I hate jods,all were too long I refuse to pay for breeches and hate those too :rolleyes: they are great for summer and in the winter I wear tights under anyway. They have a nice wide waitband and hold everything in well if you get the correct size. I wear the small or an 8 which is a size down from usual items as i just find them comfier that neater fitting.I fix the lack of pocket by using my bra or a bumbag :p
Not jods I know but thought I'd mention them anyway :)

Reactions: Trewsers
I brought some extra think leggings a few years ago from m&s. Down side is they have no pockets. But they have an inner bottom lining which is kinda silk feel material. Waste band is elastic but it's like a 2 inch thick band of elastic. So don't fall down and definitely holds stomach in. Theyve been warn for riding alot. Such that they've gone a bit bobbly. Also I've put on weight and they've strunk a bit over time. In fact I spent yesterday on my funride pulling them down as they kept riding up my legs. But in there early days I lived in them as they were so comfy. But ive had them at least 5 years.
I have a pair of proper jods that were given to me but I don't find them as comfy some how. They were for a slightly larger person than myself. Although with yesterdays issues I might get them out. I might fit into them nowadays. Ah that thing called middle age spread.

Lol I definitely have middle aged spread !!! Shocking really, because if anything I now do lots more exercise than I ever did!!! Unfair!

I'm 5'4 with a 26" inseam. I use Matalan souluxe active wear leggings. Love them and they last very well.I live in them daily. Tbh I hate jods,all were too long I refuse to pay for breeches and hate those too :rolleyes: they are great for summer and in the winter I wear tights under anyway. They have a nice wide waitband and hold everything in well if you get the correct size. I wear the small or an 8 which is a size down from usual items as i just find them comfier that neater fitting.I fix the lack of pocket by using my bra or a bumbag :p
Not jods I know but thought I'd mention them anyway :)

Matalan do online don't they? I'll have a look.

newrider.com