Jods for Short Legs?...

Vicki100

Jun 12, 2009
West Mids
NR please help me find some decent fitting jods :biggrin:

I have brought a few pairs in the last week and am having to send them all back :redcarded:

The only pair that have ever fitted me are Horsatack's Foxwood childs jods, but im not driving 1.5hours to the nearest store for a pair of jods! :giggle:

I take either Childs Size 26" waist or ladies size 6/8, ive got ridiculously short legs which doesnt help either. Probs around 5'1 at a push :giggle:

I need them to have a small zip and be low rise/hipster type. I hate the fact all jods have the massive zip (even the kids ones!) and go way over my belly button which i cant stand...just feels YUCK! :giggle:

Anyone got any suggestions?? :biggrin:

What about buying breeches? I have shortish legs (buy short in trousers ..long in tops!!) and find Joules breeches or Decathlon ones are jodphur length on me.

Cant help with the hipster though as I have the opposite problem...hipsters fall off I need a high waist.

This sounds really dim.....but what is the difference between breeches & jodphurs??

Will search ebay for some breeches now, thanks EML :angel:

Breeches dont have the knee bits or seat bit I dontthink.

I buy kids robbies jods - cheapy ones. They come above my hips but I just fold them over. Doesnt come over tummy buttong though

I bought a cheap pair from Ingatestone Saddlery which were "Ride ap" ones. Never heard of them before but they are short in the leg as I'm only 5'3" and they don't get baggy at all round the knees etc only thing is they probably aren't low waisted enough for you. When you get to my age after having two kids you like to keep your belly well covered LOL.

I like the Requisit Fit for All jods - they come in a short leg 27" and they fit me perfectly (I am 5ft 2ish). They do black, beige and brown in them.
I echo Eml and say also that breeches are a good bet for shorter legs, as they don't create unnecessary bulk around your ankle. Ones I've found good are Equetech and I also have a pair of Mountain Horse ones. I find if you get properly fitting length wise jods then long boots aren't such a struggle over the top of them.

T.....but what is the difference between breeches & jodphurs??

Breeches are designed for wearing with long boots - they tend to be open at the bottom of the legs and close with velcro, and they finish somewhere between your knee and your ankle depending on the make and how tall you are. Jodhs are designed to be worn with short boots, and they have an extra folded bit at the bottom, and they finish somewhere between your ankle and six inches below your foot ...

But for some reason, breeches are harder to find and more expensive so most people wear jodhs anyway :smile:

newrider.com