Joey - LVTB

Oh this is a rollercoaster of emotion. Sunday night a satisfactory offer was made. Last night messages were flying around all over the place asking for info and booking transport for tomorrow. I've brought Joe's tack home, washed his girth, saddle cloth, headcollar and leadrope and everything is clean and sparkling.... all the while thinking about what will be happening tomorrow.

And now it has started to snow, with quite a dump forecast overnight so I expect everything will be postpone now.

Trying to remind myself that this is the best for Joe. It's just going to be soooo very hard.

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
No snow, no ice, it rained. So he left at lunchtime. Walked straight onto the box (Marlborough, I do love them!!!) and travelled fine. She asked to follow us to the main road but within a quarter of a mile we realised that we had a puncture!!! I hit a blasted pothole a couple of days ago and when Dom took the wheel off the rim is dented. So that's not going to be cheap to replace.... even on our little Ford KA. *sigh* Anyhoo, 15 minutes later Dom had put the spare on and we were on our way again. Thank goodness I wasn't on my own, it's been years since I had to change a wheel!!

Joey is now happily living in a field full of grass with a little Welsh A mare in the next door field for company. There was a bit of squealing, a bit of dressagey trot and then the serious business of eating began. We went in her house (lovely!) for a cuppa and then came out to say goodbye and he came straight over to see us. So that's it for three weeks. I did my ironing job this morning and dropped a few tears onto the sheets I was ironing but then I figured that it wasn't worth getting too upset, just in case he does come back. And by the time three weeks have passed, hopefully it won't be quite as painful if she says she wants to keep him.

I sure am going to miss him though.....

Well, you have done better than i did. When a Tb of mine went on loan i cried so much i had to make his new people drive off with him as needed to blub alone!! Sounds like joey not only has loads of grass but a cute girlfriend next door - what more could a lad wish for?

Reactions: Trewsers
Aw, lovely thread - hope it works out. His new friend looks delightful. I would cry too - but not for long as I am sure you've found a super home for him:)

So pleased for you :) love his new girly and hard as it must be for you I'm sure he'll be just fine.

Aah, bless him!! Looks like he is MEGA in love! Am so pleased she is sending pics of him to you. Think he is going to be OK there.

You must be over the moon, a big weight off your mind knowing he's gone to a good home and has settled so well already. Good boy Joey for being the little superstar that you are. :)

I'm torn, KR. Delighted for him that he clearly feels happier off my yard... and that he's living up to the reputation I promoted! But sad for me because of the inevitable conclusion if it all continues to go well. I think it would blow his brains completely if he does have to come back to the yard after three weeks, so my fingers are firmly crossed... but my heart continues to ache at the same time.

I got a message from her last night... " I can't stop looking at how handsome he is. When riding him I kept looking at his reflection in house windows. How mad is that? He loves cuddles and kisses. Big softy. Everyone loves him." Nawwwww......

Halo.... :p

Last edited:
newrider.com