Joey - LVTB

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
Very sad decision but I need to downsize my herd.

If anyone knows someone who wants a confidence-restoring cob, please recommend Joey. He's 14.2, tricoloured Heinz 57 unfeathered cob, 14 years now. Forward going but safe and sensible, light off the leg and in hand. Hacks alone and in company. Isn't fazed by anything although he's never been ridden along a busy road. He's fine on lanes and crossing main roads. Bit twitchy with big lorries but will just squeeze up against a hedge, no running away or spinning. Never put a hoof wrong in over two years. Jabs, worming and teeth all up to date. Has been used as a lead-rein pony for young children, a teen's jumper and a granny's safe hack ;)

He is the most conformationally ugly pony I have ever had the misfortune to meet, but don't let that put you off... he has loads of stamina! For his size his cannon bones are short and fat so he's all body and no legs, which gives him a waddle in trot, but his heart is in the right place and I had a back lady out who gave him a clean bill of health, didn't pick up any niggles. He is also croup high. I know his full history from birth. Very loving... not averse to muzzle kisses and head hugs!! Would be ideal in a one-to-one with a special new mum.

Loads more info, pics and vids available......

Last edited:
Me, I think I would! I am looking for a safe and sensible GELDING, to be with my Tobes. I absolutely adore my horses and spoil them rotten! Do you think he might suit us? I don't care about ugly at all, where are you?

Edited to add, he would have a home for life - I have put up with Tobes quirks through thick and thin, and whilst I have contemplated moving him on when he has been particularly naughty, it hasn't happened in five years and never will!

Last edited:
Sorry your having to et him go jane but would be super if one of us has him. If I could afford it I'd be next in line. He's lovely.

Reactions: Trewsers
Just to let you know that Joe is still available. For genuine reasons (which aren't to do with Joe) sjp1 is unable to proceed. I had another person interested but it turns out she is on a large yard and I do feel that Joe would be better in a smaller, quieter location. If you know of anyone, please do let me know. Many thanks, Jane

Sorry to hear your having to downsize, Hope you find a lovely home for him, he sounds lovely.

I wish I could bring him over here Jane, think he would be fab for my mum to ride whilst waiting for her young un to be backed. Don't know how my boys would react to another gelding though, they love their girls!

He looks adorable. But we are also on a very busy yard attached to a very busy riding school.

My yard would suit him, nice and quiet, only eight stables, ..... am trying desperately to think up a way I could buy him without OH finding out, I think he'd be great for me and a nice buddy for Belle, although today I'm struggling to manage one so don't think I'd cope physically with another. I really hope you find him someone nice to go to soon.

I keep looking at him and thinking 'could I....?' but have barely got time to ride my ginger minx so another horse would be a silly idea. He is so gorgeous though.

newrider.com