Joining up/ T-touch

*millie*

Feb 23, 2006
Yorkshire
www.xpridex.piczo.com
Id love to try join up with my horse but i have nowhere to do it :( as we arent allowed to have our horses loose in the school... any other way i could try and bond with hm? and also, what is T-touch if anyone knows...

Any kind of groundwork with your horse (using a head collar and lead rope) which involves asking them to move their feet about on command will hopefully have a similar if less immediately dramatic effect on your horse's attitude to you. It works because this is how horses work with each other to establish leadership amongst themselves, and join up is just another way of doing the same thing. If you are interested in learning more the book Perfect Manners by Kelly Marks is a good place to start.

I notice you're in Sheffield, if you're interested we have a trainer coming to our yard on the 30th to do a bit with a couple of horses, you're more than welcome to come over and see what it's all about:)

I don't know that much about TTouch, but it's essentially the same thing but also involves massage moves and exercises to help with the horse's carriage and straightness (I think:)).

Hi T-Touch is a bodywork developed my linda Tellington-jones who pionered the TTeam method.

T-Touch is a bodywork that directly affects the central nervous system and also works over the merdians. It is extremely effective and can be used for all sorts of things, the leg work is great for horses that trip, or youngsters that are clumsy, the mouth work is great for biters and the bodywork can be calming or energizing depending on its application.

The is a very good book out called "improving your horses wellbeing" which is well worth having, this book details the T-Touch for you to have a go yourself, alternatively you could get someone like me out to demonstrate them and have a go yourself :)

Hope that helps...

Nic

newrider.com