Jumper show on Saturday

Elvengirl

Know jumps, know glory!
May 17, 2004
Alberta, Canada
www.picturetrail.com
Bleh...I'm so nervous!
This will be my second jumper show and my first one was less than pleasant. (couldn't get through a whole course!) I feel much more confident now, and am riding much more consistently but I am feeling a little apprehensive. Would really like to do well, as I have really never done well at a horse show and I have been to several. I think it's my nerves! Any advice or support?

It sounds like you are in a good place. As you said, you are riding more consistently and feeling more confident!

From here, put aside your bad experiences and plan to go in and ride your plan, while having a good time. Remind yourself to smile, relax, and enjoy yourself. One thing I did to get over my initial show nerves, was to make the most of the whole experience and continually tell myself (and others) how wonderful and fun everything is. The more I said this to myself and others, the more true it felt and the less anxious I was. I make a point of trying to go in with the attitude that, if something goes wrong, I'll take it in stride and move on.

Best of luck in the upcoming show! There are never any gaurantees about these things. Sometimes things happen, but if you walk away from the day having had a good time, being confident that you can improve something the next time, and enjoying yourself enough to try again... then you had a successful show.

Here your support- Good luck and I wish you all the best

Heres you advice-stop being so nervous! It's not even time for the show and your already fretting, that isn't a good sign. Try and get as much practice as possible in before the show and without tiring out your horse. Alos, remember to keep your eyes up. I know the jumps are so pretty, but keeping your eyes down impairs you balance. I know I have that hab it occasionally, but you may not. Keep your horse in line and have fun!

newrider.com