Just been attacked by a SPIDER at work!

Roxy's Mum

Jul 21, 2009
Dorset
Okay so maybe not 'attacked' in the traditional sense...

But it ran out from under my desk across the office!!!! Only noticed because I dropped something on the floor - yikes!!! (I swear it was the size of a dinner plate as well...)

Horrible thing ran across the floor - God only knows where it came from originally, it might have travelled into work in my trousers or something! And then it just ran back so Mark who I sit next to, killed it. Poor spider :( I'm paranoid all its mates are going to come after me now…

I don't usually like to have things killed but in my traumatic state when I was asked if I wanted it killed or saved I just didn't respond - I was too flustered!

I don't 'do' spiders - they're nearly as bad as balloons. I actually will go psycho if there is a balloon near me.

RIP spider :(

(But I keep rolling my chair back & looking around just in case its mates come back and get me).

I hate spiders, they are just so creepy! They do a good job of killing flies though which i hate more :)

I sympathise and would advocate the nasty 8 legged fiend's death!

I have got a total and utter irrational fear of the things. Dependent upon the situation I will trample people to death to get out of the way of them or root myself to the spot scream histerically, hyperventilate then faint.

I tell myself constantly that this is an irrational fear and that I have nothing to be scared of but my brain doesn't seem to want to listen to the rational side. I have been locked in a room for 8 hours before now as there was a spider outside the door and my OH had gone to work. It's stupid I know, luckily I've taught the dogs to kill them now.

Apologies to those who will hate me for killing them but really I don't have a choice.

You were "attacked"... don't trust 'em....they are the personification of evil... and they are just wrong....make co-worker a cup of coffee/tea for saving you. Don't worry about it's mates... spiders have no friends (for so it is written).

Horrid critters & as for catching flies...not exactly efficient:rolleyes:

Really hate them
Really hate them
Really hate them
Really hate them
Really hate them
Really hate them
Really hate them
Really hate them
Really hate them
Really hate them
Really hate them
Really hate them

Can't stand the blessed things ,yes I know they can't harm me but swear they run towards me & if I get one on me I vomit am so scared.So silly really & I know it until I see the next one then I start to hyperventilate .

You were "attacked"... don't trust 'em....they are the personification of evil... and they are just wrong....make co-worker a cup of coffee/tea for saving you. Don't worry about it's mates... spiders have no friends (for so it is written).

Horrid critters & as for catching flies...not exactly efficient:rolleyes:

Really hate them
Really hate them
Really hate them
Really hate them
Really hate them
Really hate them
Really hate them
Really hate them
Really hate them
Really hate them
Really hate them
Really hate them

Take it you don't like them then:D

^ Oh cripes maybe I wouldn't cope well there then....

Mind you I survived 6 months in Australia pretty good! They have some big mothers over there though - and so hairy!! With the longest legs in the WORLD!!

Urgh...

I never kill spiders even though I don't like sharing rooms with them. My friends grandson was playing with a garden spider, the ones with fat bodies and pretty sort of cross pattern. He was two and it bit him, drew blood and clung to his finger. He was hysterical and so was she. Several spiders over here will nip but I don't pick them up so never likely to find out which ones do.

Apparently Wolf spiders can give you a nip - my stepfather happily picks them up and puts them outside and he said he'd been nipped (even more terrifying as he's got pretty leathery ol' paws). The first cottage I bought seemed to be the ideal wolf spider habitat. I used to work four week on, one week off and used to get quite worried about going into the cottage... mates used to come 'round and find that there were up turned glasses all over the place - each containing a monster from which I had to be rescued. Then I bought a hoover with a nozzle which was great and, temporarily, very liberating (the hunted became the hunter)... until I had to empty the hoover bag....I such a sad-sack of a wus when it comes to spiders :eek:

newrider.com