Just before Lockdown....

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
I know that style of you will have seen this from my FB posts but a space finally came up at my lovely old yard from 10 years ago and I was able to move Gracie on the Thursday before Lockdown.... nothing like flying by the seat of your pants!! I'm so glad because the old yard had now closed itself off completely, so I wouldn't have been able to see G at all!!! I never left this new yard originally with bad feeling, it's just that back then I had three and we were offered a very cheap place to rent as sole tenants, so it was a bit of a no-brainer at the time. Anyhow, now I've got just the one, I'm thrilled to be back there and Gracie settled straight in - as she does. The farm has 500 acres of off-road riding and we wasted no time in me introducing her to the routes. That has all changed now as I'm kind of on-the-fence about whether I ought to be riding at the present time, so I decided it would be good for G to have her shoes pulled for a while. She has some issues that need addressing and whether she stays BF or ends up shod again, her hooves definitely need some time. So as of Monday pm she is barefoot! I have some boots and pads on order and she will need daily hand-walking for a good few weeks whilst she transitions. 11 years ago it took a whole year before I could ride my TB, but I suspect G isn't quite as bad as him! But anyway riding is of the table for a good while. Which is just as well because I also had a custom-built saddle that was only 2 days from completion before Silhouette shut up shop for the foreseeable! I've just got to keep her the same shape now. Spring grass vs limited exercise..... Challenge accepted!!!

Hope you're all doing well and staying safe. Lots of love xxx

20200319_161457_copy_800x600.jpg

20200319_164131_copy_800x600.jpg

Last edited:
Cor that was a bit lucky, shame you can't ride but it's great you have lots of off road space to do in hand stuff with her :)

That was lucky. Enjoy your settling in / in hand stuff together anyways. And remember there will be an end to this and we'll all be normal again at some point! (well some of us aren't normal at the best of times and all that.......)

Reactions: domane
newrider.com