Just feeling out of sorts thread updated!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
I will apologise in advance. Pointless thread - just need to off load / share. I don't know why but I feel really out of sorts. I think it's partially because we are moving and I don't feel like doing anything "proper" or "permanent". Everything feels so temporary atm. Just been nattering with the farmer about moving, talking about it makes it seem so real! Yet we seem a million miles off. Not heard from the agents - I am guessing nobody wants to view over Easter hols? Anyways, its a gorgeous day and the girls are happy sunning themselves in the school. Shame they can't be out on the field, but its just the way it goes and her leg needs to heal and stay out of bother! I am jolly lucky we have the arena. I feel as though I'm hiding from MIL again too - won't bore with details but she's on stalking duty againo_O OH is busy with work which is good. Think I shall ring mum and sister - for some no nonsense natter:D Also feeling weird cos it doesn't feel like Thursday at all. Feels like a bank holiday for some reason?! I keep feeling a mixture of excitement and nerves when I wonder where we shall end up. Is this normal or is it an omen? I really do not want to stay here, that's for sure! Eight years is far too long - we were only meant to stay two max!
Sorry for the ramble. Any thoughts / ideas most welcome:)

Horrible when you have those days isn't it. You will be right as nine pence once your place is sold and you have something to focus on more positively, I often think being in limbo is very hard too because you can't plan beyond a certain point and you don't want to get stuck in to something in case you don't have time to finish it off (if your anything like me anyway)
Why don't you do some research on the internet or get some magazines in and make a story board for your new house, even if it is just a collection of colours that you like, or textures, or anything that takes your fancy really, might just take the edge of how you are feeling and give you a nice project that you can pick up and put down at your leisure.
Mind if I had your MIL I would probably be researching security instead and the legality of erecting barbed wire and a moat (complete with aligators and a drawbridge) around your place.

Reactions: Trewsers
Lol love the idea of the drawbridge!:D

That's a really good idea about making a story board. OH suggested something similar a while back - I will definitely do that. I've loads to look forward to - it just all feels so odd atm. Bit like when you work your notice at work and know you have to be there, but know you are on your way.......

Have you found anything you like yet Trewsers? Or are you waiting until you get a firm offer on your place?
I picked my wedding flowers doing a kind of story board (admitted I had a very talented florist to help) I love them, sometimes I think they can be almost a work of art in themselves and I love the creative side of them too.
I'm terrible though when I'm feeling a bit out of sorts, I can't settle to anything at all for long and even though you have lots to look forward to it doesn't make the uncertainty easy does it? Feel free to ramble away and no need to apologise just get it all off your chest. Maybe a nice bath and a cup of chamomile tea would soothe you? Or some lavendar scones.... mmm yummy you would then get the yummy scone with the added benefit of calming lavender (make sure it's only english lavender you use though) I'd have one warm from the oven with a bit of butter. lol now who's rambling??

Oh or you could try going into your wood and chopping some wood? That is a good stress buster if ever there was one, you could go chop some firewood and then have a bath with warm scone and chamomile tea :D:D

Have you found anything you like yet Trewsers? Or are you waiting until you get a firm offer on your place?
I picked my wedding flowers doing a kind of story board (admitted I had a very talented florist to help) I love them, sometimes I think they can be almost a work of art in themselves and I love the creative side of them too.
I'm terrible though when I'm feeling a bit out of sorts, I can't settle to anything at all for long and even though you have lots to look forward to it doesn't make the uncertainty easy does it? Feel free to ramble away and no need to apologise just get it all off your chest. Maybe a nice bath and a cup of chamomile tea would soothe you? Or some lavendar scones.... mmm yummy you would then get the yummy scone with the added benefit of calming lavender (make sure it's only english lavender you use though) I'd have one warm from the oven with a bit of butter. lol now who's rambling??

I keep seeing places I like the look of but no point thinking about seriously - we are more or less certain its going to be Scotland or one of the islands so with their system being different to ours, in that if you do make an offer you have to follow it through, we think we'd best get our cash in the bank first - I'd hate to end up paying legal costs if it all collapsed at our end. You just can't tell can you? Anything can happen even when someone has made an offer in England.

Reactions: Gimp
Oh or you could try going into your wood and chopping some wood? That is a good stress buster if ever there was one, you could go chop some firewood and then have a bath with warm scone and chamomile tea :D:D

Hehhee, in place of warm scones I have Sainsburys finest collection lemon biscuits - and coffee. Yum.

Oh it's horrible being on standby all the time. We have no property to call our own, our home is supplied with the job and I will admit that I did spend the first few months here worrying sick in case we lost the job. However, I have learned not to worry about the future and to just enjoy the present. Or else I could look back in ten years time, still be here and think "What a waste of 10 years of worrying". I know you have this sale hanging over your heads but you can't physically do anything until you have buyers so try to put it on the back burner and just enjoy and live in the present. It takes some practise, but can be done xxxx

Oh it's horrible being on standby all the time. We have no property to call our own, our home is supplied with the job and I will admit that I did spend the first few months here worrying sick in case we lost the job. However, I have learned not to worry about the future and to just enjoy the present. Or else I could look back in ten years time, still be here and think "What a waste of 10 years of worrying". I know you have this sale hanging over your heads but you can't physically do anything until you have buyers so try to put it on the back burner and just enjoy and live in the present. It takes some practise, but can be done xxxx

You are so right - I can't hurry them along or do anything so I know I should just try and enjoy the here and now a bit more. I've got weak lager for tonight - going to open some and spend some time house browsing on the internet with OH. :D

Reactions: domane
Well. Just met the new neighbours. They seem lovely. Don't want to move now!!!! Only joking. Seems sad though because all the time we've been here we've not liked one side and the other we were indifferent to. This couple seem lovely and nice kids - that love horses (yaye whats not to like then?!). Oh well. I hope if we get the offer on this then they all get along. Its what the place is short of - a new lease of life!

I feel better today - going to start putting together my moving boxes and sorting more stuff. Then I'm going to spend time with the girls and devote some grooming time too:)

Reactions: Kite_Rider
That's the worst sort of stressful limbo, when you can't really do anything because you don't know what's going to happen! Horse time is probably the best antidote - that or doing anything at all that you can bear to do. Nothing to apologise for... and maybe the perfect buyers will turn up tomorrow.

newrider.com