Just for fun, review the last item/product you bought

Duly slapped it on and rubbed it in, (
Dont use your hands use a paint brush. Pull feather in upward direction and dab in towards skin with paint brush. Dont worry about rubbing all over as long as you dab in towards the skin it will work it's way down the hair shafts. That way you dont get as covered in it. If you do get it over your hands dont rub your eyes. Cos it stings like hell.

Reactions: Huggy and domane
Nettex Mite Powder

Using every two weeks as a precaution rather than she has visitors.

TIP a little goes a long way. Initially I managed to treat myself, her and the floor!

To start I washed with citronella shampoo so I had dust free clean legs. I start with the heals and massage that in well and then split the feathers so I have access to the skin. I continue up to and include the hocks.
It suggests puffing up the feathers, that's a sure way to coat yourself and your floor. You will waste loads doing that.
Being a cream colour it's easier to see what we are doing on the black leg.
One bottle lasts us three applications, so six weeks as we only do the backs. Why- because it's only these she will itch.

Downside it only appears to be available in one size bottle. This might be because contents will settle. But I would like to see 400g which would last longer etc etc.

She's an itchy type in the summer every so often. Now she's shedding!

Does it work, no idea! :rolleyes: Its a preventative on an itchy bod.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jessey and Huggy
Bought 2 fly masks for Hogan - so far they've been excellent. So glad I bought 2 though - he gets gungy eyes, and I have to change and wash it every day. Also an ear cover for riding - massive improvement, no more head shaking. Think it was "Well Equine" - both cheap as chips.View attachment 99133View attachment 99134
Mine has the cashel ear cover. But this year trying her without just to see if she's ok.
Will go back on if we need it for a few weeks.

Reactions: Huggy
Animal Health Tranquil E valerian! Bloody marvellous stuff! Comet isn't dangerous but he is dramatic. Typical Welshy :rolleyes: it has taken his reaction and general dramatic antics down by miles! It hasn't dulled him just made him less stressy with things that usually upset him. He was very upset at the tractors working in the fields either side of theirs, now he doesnt bother, new things he has a gawk at but then relaxes quickly whereas before he coukd over react.He also had become difficult to catch in 2 of the 4 paddocks. He had been zapped by the fence, which was clearly all my fault as i was in the area when it happened :p but since starting this he is fine to catch again in them. In sometimes abit sceptical of supplements but i have to say I really like this one. It's doing what it says on the tin and as we dont compete its no issie for me using it and if it helos him just be more relaxed in general then I'm all for it. He takes alot in his stride but if it's something he really is worried about he really did over react,now it's just more manageable :)
Mine used to be a drama queen and she got put on magnesium. I only feed 5g.
I then decided to take her off last summer because she probably didn't need it, oh yes she did when she came into season!!! So she's back on it and able to respond and not be reactive.

Reactions: Huggy
Ive just remembered the last thing I bought - was one of these: https://www.v-bandz.co.uk/category-45/COWT.html
It's fab for wafting flies away out on a hack! Although I do look slightly bonkers riding through the lanes brandishing my schooling whip and tassel like a whirling dervish!
Ooo I like your thinking, if it's not too long that could also be clipped onto throat latch to swish flies from under chin :)

Mine has the cashel ear cover. But this year trying her without just to see if she's ok.
Will go back on if we need it for a few weeks.
Hope she's better than Hogan was - couldn't be bothered one day, and left it off - don't know how his head didn't drop off, he shook it so much!

Shires Tempest plus sweet itch combo pony rug
Bought this recently of Ebay for £39.95 inc. posting for the pony and so far I am well pleased with it.
Its thicker than his last mesh fly rug (but it only lasted him 2 months as it ended up in tatters) so I was initially worried it would be too warm on him but it has UV protection and he seems cool enough and comfy in it.
It has a belly flap , two chest buckles with the addition of strong velcro , the neck has to velcro straps and a strip of velcro. I got him his usual 4'3 and its a good generous fit.
So I would recommend this rug for anyone who has little uns and needs to keep the flies off them
Rummy modelling the Shires Tempest plus sweet itch combo rugfly rug.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Huggy and Jessey
Gorilla tape. It's a pain to get off the roll & you need sharp scissors to cut it, but it's so much tougher than normal duck tape. I'll be buying it again, along with new scissors.

Not a recent buy, but since several of you have mentioned hay nets I got some softmesh ones from Barnstormers in the autumn. Fantastic buy! Slow him down better than other nets yet he hasn't managed to chew holes in them. They look none the worse for a winter of use, and that's with being soaked and steamed.

Reactions: Jessey
this is a feature i need that is not available. i need the iPhone to sync only to the folders i specify, not all of them. i have a folder called drafts with 600 emails that i dont want on the iPhone. right now i have no choice if i want any of my emails to sync up.
I'm confused, this thread was to review horsey products you purchased, I don't see anything to do with horses, a purchase or a review of a product there?

Gorilla tape. It's a pain to get off the roll & you need sharp scissors to cut it, but it's so much tougher than normal duck tape. I'll be buying it again, along with new scissors.

Not a recent buy, but since several of you have mentioned hay nets I got some softmesh ones from Barnstormers in the autumn. Fantastic buy! Slow him down better than other nets yet he hasn't managed to chew holes in them. They look none the worse for a winter of use, and that's with being soaked and steamed.
I love gorilla tape, it really is so much better than the cheap generic stuff :)

Rugs, they are second hand but purchased because I have or have had them previously and love them!
A Premier Equine superlite, really pleased with this one. I love the fact they are so light and airy, never rub and have great coverage. Sadly PE stopped the belly flap version but I found one on Facebook as new, result!

Secondly a Rambo Airmax cooler for £10!
I’d have paid more for it though as again brilliant rugs. So light and easy to wash/dry.

It means Oz no longer has to squeeze into and share Jakes clothes as he is really a bit bigger and looks a bit silly in them

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com