Just for fun

I've named and renamed plenty :p I've had 15 over the past 12 years and only stuck with 4 of the original names.

I've named and renamed plenty :p I've had 15 over the past 12 years and only stuck with 4 of the original names.
:eek: Its bad luck isn't it? I like to pretend I'm not superstitious but I've never renamed a horse, given them nick names yes, but never renamed them.

Renamed most of mine, i like unusual names. As for the luck, ive had good and bad, just life and id rather a named i loved than didnt :D

Reactions: Jessey
I've renamed indie as she was called Angel and just couldn't see it suiting her in particular :D so far so good loll!! Hope it stays that way Everything else I kept name for though! I was kind of superstitious too!

I've had my girl since I was 10 and just can't picture her being anything else than whiskey.
Ringo's real name on his passport is Okra (or something similar....poor guy)

Sox used to be called Trigger in the racing yard as when they got him he looked like if he should have been in a western movie. I thought he was quick out the gates lol!!!
Then someone called him sox. Can't think why!?!
It's stuck however I would be tempted to go back to trigger ( only fool and horses!)

Reactions: orbvalley
:eek: Its bad luck isn't it? I like to pretend I'm not superstitious but I've never renamed a horse, given them nick names yes, but never renamed them.
Sorry, I don't believe in that superstitious clap trap. Can't say that I've ever had had bad luck following renaming any of mine. Some of them have had two or three names for a few weeks, before I settle on one that I feel suits them.

Gracie is still passported as Taz...bleurgh!!

I did name Raf as he had no stable name when I bought him. We called him Rafiq which means friendly or gentle in Arabic because, well, he is :)

Jack was called Jack when we bought him and we couldn't see any reason to change it, despite also having a human son called Jack - after all Jack is obviously one of our favourite names lol.

We've had horses born and come and go through the yard that have needed naming or renaming. YO is not too superstitious but doesn't like to change names too far from the original so Cutie became Beauty, Asbo (a name which stuck because he was a particularly mischievous foal) became Beau etc

I've never changed a name. I consider it bad luck. However if they have come to me without a party name then I have chosen them. Horses I've had as youngsters (before passports) I've named but if it comes to me with a name I don't change it.

I also think it's bad luck. I like both my horses names though and wouldn't want to change them even if I didn't think it was bad luck.

Maybe Bella I kind of cheated and looked a a list of horse names :p I'm pretty happy with the name may though :D

newrider.com