Just had a great lesson

Star the Fell

Jun 14, 2015
very foggy here today. I was in two minds about cancelling my lesson as the school is quite spooky in the fog mainly due to the trees between the school and the horses in the field next door.
Anyway, decided instead to have an in hand lesson.
So we started out with classical in hand training, which me and Mylo have never done before. Basic walking round the school, circling then moving on to shoulder in, rein back and turn on the fore hand. Ending up with an in hand dressage test.
We then spent 15 minutes at the end teaching Mylo to walk better on the lunge line . He loves people and doesn’t respect personal space at all. Made some great progress with this today too. So overall a great lesson which gives me loads of stuff to do now when the weather is too bad to ride. It’s also stuff I can start doing with Star too on her good days.
Very pleased .

very foggy here today. I was in two minds about cancelling my lesson as the school is quite spooky in the fog mainly due to the trees between the school and the horses in the field next door.
Anyway, decided instead to have an in hand lesson.
So we started out with classical in hand training, which me and Mylo have never done before. Basic walking round the school, circling then moving on to shoulder in, rein back and turn on the fore hand. Ending up with an in hand dressage test.
We then spent 15 minutes at the end teaching Mylo to walk better on the lunge line . He loves people and doesn’t respect personal space at all. Made some great progress with this today too. So overall a great lesson which gives me loads of stuff to do now when the weather is too bad to ride. It’s also stuff I can start doing with Star too on her good days.
Very pleased .

It's lovely isn't it when you have a good lesson, :) you've made me want to play with some groundwork with Belle again, it's been far too long since we did any.

I love doing inhand stuff. It keeps you warm when it's cold as well.
Whatever I do ridden I do inhand and vice versa.
I lunge with two reins but cheat as I am so kackhanded!
Are you feeling more positive with him now?

I’m keeping him ticking over, over Winter @newforest he is being advertised at the moment but it’s obviously not the right time of year to sell a pony. The only reply to the advert I’ve had so far was someone who just wanted to know the minimum price I’d let her have him for. Sorry luv, but if that’s the first question you ask, you ain’t having him!
I know that he will be a cracking pony once he has a bit more training, so I’m trying to give him that, whilst ignoring the fact that he isn’t Star. So, basically at the moment I am bringing him on to sell. Hopefully I’ll be able to change my mind and keep him in Spring.

newrider.com