Just saw this and thought it might be of interest to people

According to that 1-3 hours ridden per week is light, I always thought one hour per day was light.
Mine is moderate according to that doing 5 hours ridden a week plus. I still consider this light as she is fat.

Reactions: Cortrasna
I think what is light/med/hard work varies with each person you speak to, I think the type of work effects it too not just the duration.

I do use red cell over the winter. She got viruses last year and its the same type of stuff that the vet would give her. It does "pick her up"

If you ask the cob about work, she would say the walk from the field to the yard is moderate:) Watching others schooling is light.

Gosh I consider Dolly in light work, if I go by that scale she is in very heavy work! I don't think so!:eek: But I do agree it depends on exactly what you are doing with them within those hours. Great poster though.:)

My lunging session last time was about half hour, including the walk to warm up and a few walks around the school to break up the circles which are 15 and 20 metres.
I had a pole on the ground every circle, which changed to a raised pole, which changed to a small jump. She did that from trot or canter and I added in walk to canter somewhere.
That's a normal session for us, I always put a pole in or do halves or quarters if I am feeling really on the ball. :)

Yeah for me, moderate would be hacking 2-3 hours per day, everyday mostly at trot, or 1-1.5 hours of intensive schooling/jumping (not inc warm up etc).

I agree on the work, jess was doing up to 12 hours on a weekend prepping for our big ride, plus the weekday workouts

newrider.com