just to show the difference between a cobby pony and non cobby pony and rider size

laceyfreckle

May 27, 2007
Essex/Suffolk
well, i measured my loan pony today and was amazed he's only 14hh.(just maybe even 13.3hh) he feels and looks much bigger then my 13.2hh.

just to give you a idea especially if your worried about being 'too big' for ponies.

I'm 5ft 2 and weigh 10 stone 6. i would say i am a 'ok' size for both ponies and am almost ashamed to say that in fact i feel the 14hh is rather 'big' especially as he rides like a horse with pony character.

here's some pics (excuse the lack of hat and saddle etc)

Lacey 13.2hh full up welsh sec B ..........ok just remeasured she's 12.3hh EEK

EBAY742.jpg

and

PJ 14hh (cough* just* cough) connemara x

EBAY735.jpg

Last edited:
Oooooh they both look lovely, I am the same height as you but weigh about 1 stone more (its on the way down!) and I ride that kind of size as well, cobby 14hh ponies rock. :D

Brys a cobby 14h and I weigh the same as you. I wonder sometimes if I am a bit heavy.

bryandkarencanter.jpg

aaah bry looks lovely and you look good on him!

I have a small confessiont to make though......i re-measured the smaller grey, Lacey today and she's only 12.3hh! :eek: now i feel bad as at one point when i first got her i was about 11st 9! Still, i still don't think i look huge on her! good thing about being short.

He He, Lookin GOOD:) I was expecting to see some harassed, haggered female version of the mad professer in Back to the Future: bedecked with kids and horses, rolleyes:

Ha, perhaps that me, just lookin in the mirror:rolleyes:

LOL thanks fairlady....i forgot you don't actually know what i look like! not that i know what you look like either!(feel free to post pic!!:p)

i've still got a lot of 'baby bulge' to get rid of but hey with four kids what did i really expect lol.

(the kids are in straight jackets out of sight hung up in the stable upside down like bats) :D;)

(the kids are in straight jackets out of sight hung up in the stable upside down like bats) :D;)

ROFL! People keep asking me when I'm going to have kids, I keep saying I couldn't look after a baby and do the horses - well, now you've just solved that little problem! And if I just stick it in the boot of the car on the way to and from the yard (a la Jeremy Clarkson!) I'm sorted! :D

MMMMM. .....Horses/babies/horses/babies.....yeah alright then, Bryony pony would win everytime.

lol

BUT all i have to mention when hubby gets a little annoyed with the ponies is ......'OK i'll sell all the ponies so i can spend more time at home but i'll want another baby then!' works every time! ;)

See I told you how well organised you are:D Your OH should be really proud of you LF, not complaining:) Not only do you manage all these horses you actually SAVE him money:D

You were on about doing one of the stables up as a PLAYROOM for G***s Sake, now because you are so clever, you have solved the problem, so you have saved money by hanging them upside down in straight jackets .... PERFECT:D

Now with that extra money, there must be a horse or two you have just gotta buy:D

See I told you how well organised you are:D Your OH should be really proud of you LF, not complaining:) Not only do you manage all these horses you actually SAVE him money:D

You were on about doing one of the stables up as a PLAYROOM for G***s Sake, now because you are so clever, you have solved the problem, so you have saved money by hanging them upside down in straight jackets .... PERFECT:D

Now with that extra money, there must be a horse or two you have just gotta buy:D

LOL as you know fairlady...i am TRYING to limit my intake of horses! Glad to say all the ones i have are now behaving much better though. oh and i'm definitely NOT having any more children (but OH dosen't know that lol)

Bobbin - LOVE the pic!:)

Ladyfreckle - Lacy & PJ are gorgeous. :)My RI said a Connemara would be an ideal pony for me (one day I plan to have my own) as they have a good temperament and I prefer ponies to horses! Are they generally good natured?

hi yes kitty kat they generally are very well natured and also make good competition ponies as well as a good first/second pony.

PJ is very laid back and can in fact be lazy. However when he sees a jump he perks up! the only thing i would say is sometimes i find him a bit plain and boring to look at. he's not as pretty as my welshies but i love him the same none the less.

one thing i have noticed about him is that he is a pony height wise but feels like a horse as has such nice long strides

LOL - kittykat - you can always come and see PJ if you think a connie would be for you? we are in essex. (1hr 30min drive from cambs)

Seriously though i have never heard anything bad from anyone who owns a connie. I was VERY lucky and mine is on permanent loan to me too.

Thanks Laceyfreckle, I'll take you up on that offer once I'm driving again. (Managing to type one handed but I think driving is pushing it a bit!)

:):):)

newrider.com