just wondering...

Jobi-Wan Kenobi

Every Day Is A School Day
Oct 10, 2001
Rotherham, South Yorks
Visit site
how far would you reasonably travel to a show? and what's the furthest you would travel to compete without stabling overnight?

Got my yearbook through the post yesterday and there's a few within 2 hours of us this year. Just wondering as this is the first year I'll be driving at shows. And we're restricted to exercise classes (should've bought that governess cart when I had chance!! :rolleyes:).

And is anyone going to Bowood this year?

Jobi-Wan Kenobi
dont mind me asking what make is your exercise cart as i am hoping to do some showing this year driven

and i would love to know the answer to your question also with me been new to it all also :)

I'm going to a driving trials practice two hours away on Sunday :eek::eek::eek: so long as we can get ready in time, so wouldn't have thought two hours would be a problem so long as you know it'll be a long day and plan ahead for it

My cart is one of the small pony carts from robinsons. It's new and shiny and I don't see a reason for not showing in it, just means were restricted to exercise classes (class l (L) in the yearbook listings).

I was thinking 2 hours max really but if I can afford it I'd love to do Bowood as I used to live in Derry Hill. I have a good friend down there who's aunt has a horse so could sort out stabling to make it a full weekend.

:)

:) mine is a Robinsons one also :) i love mine!!!

might as well make a whole week end of it lucky you ;)

do you not have to have a groom in the class
sorry if i sound thick :D but new to it all and just trying to find out as much as possible for when i start ;)

Ask Wally :D We travelled 14hrs on the ferry and then I don't know how many hours down from Aberdeen to Edinburgh to do the Royal Highland last year, and that wasn't the only event she did on the mainland last summer.

Personally the furthest I have gone to compete is 3hrs away (that was when I was living on the mainland).

newrider.com