Kai Is Backed!! :)

DollysMum

Jul 14, 2010
Bristol
I'm very excited to announce that today Kai walked with a rider on for the first time!

31122010001.jpg

I'm so insanely proud of this little pony - he's been a complete delight since the moment I set eyes on him as an un-handled 8 month old two years ago and he looks set to be an incredible little kids riding pony.

The plan is to get him out hacking this summer and then he'll be loaned out (I'm really hoping the girl in the photo will want him cause then he'll stay on our yard and I'll still see him every day - fingers crossed!) to go on and become someone's best friend. :wub:

He's a super boy :D We ran through the usual preparations - patting and rocking the saddle, waving arms, jumping up and down, etc and he just yawned at us so I bellied her over which they've done before, sat her on which they've done before, then as they were both so chilled, walked on. And hey presto, Kai just walked on, no more unbalanced or confused than he is about being led without added weight.

I think he was thinking "Finally!" His little ears were pricked and he looked very proud of himself being a big grown up :wub:

newrider.com