Kellys Cobs, Watchdog

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
on now.

So a 25yr old horse has been sold as a 16yr old.

And a horse sold for a novice was checked out and discovered she has broken bones in her leg. :(

Last edited:
Didnt they used to be safecobs ? and safeplods n all that malarky!? I read anyway.

He has traded under "Horse Imports" and "Bombproof Cobs" apparently. A friend bought a horse off him.

No, Kelly's Cobs are in Yorkshire.

I think they are in Sheffield Jane

Will be watching on Iplayer at lunchtime.

Thought they were in Sheffield but apparently not so scrap the above :eek:..just watching now (well mostly listening) and they are not in sheffield. I am sure there is a Kellys Cobs in sheffield as well :unsure::frown:

Last edited:
Call me old fashioned but no vetting no money paid. Simplz.

I don't do buy now vet later deals.

One glance at that grey's teeth would have told you a wonderfull story. Caveat emptor.

So long as this over breeding of crap is going on there will be a glut of crap for sale that is broken down and dodgy. That poor grey should never have been on the market. In a hole or in the home she'd had for life.
It's okay to shout and wail about dodgy dealers.....but what about the dodgy owners that did not have the balls to shooot or the decency to keep their poor broken down old horses.

So long as this over breeding of crap is going on there will be a glut of crap for sale that is broken down and dodgy. That poor grey should never have been on the market. In a hole or in the home she'd had for life.
It's okay to shout and wail about dodgy dealers.....but what about the dodgy owners that did not have the balls to shooot or the decency to keep their poor broken down old horses.

Too true^^^^^^^

As long as people want or need to make a buck or two on the edge of the law there will be dodgy dealers, whether it is horses, cars, fake watches or whatever.

Couple that with people wanting something for nothing and you have the perfect market for rubbish to be passed on to mugs for a profit.

Educate the mugs or licence them to own a horse, introduce an MOT for horses on sale, legislate the horse world - nah, it's not going to happen, there is no money to look after our old people let alone the horses!

PS I thought the guy handled the situation very well - the presenter had all his media pomp taken out of him and his only reply to the guy was the rocking horse wasn't for sale ..... one up the bum for crap TV shows!

Last edited:
Call me old fashioned but no vetting no money paid. Simplz.

I don't do buy now vet later deals.

One glance at that grey's teeth would have told you a wonderfull story. Caveat emptor.

I'm with you on that one Wally - some owners need to take responsibity not move it to someone else

Does he allow a vetting? I wondered why people wouldn't, but I to know people buy without. Does the novice first time owner know of its existence.

Does he allow a vetting? I wondered why people wouldn't, but I to know people buy without. Does the novice first time owner know of its existence.

If you are that novice and first time you ought not go out and buy a horse!

My iplayer says it's not available yet! Desperate to watch what they've been up to as regularly see their horses for sale on Horsemart etc. could someone post a link to watch it please?

My iplayer says it's not available yet! Desperate to watch what they've been up to as regularly see their horses for sale on Horsemart etc. could someone post a link to watch it please?

Mine says it wasnt available but it allowed me to play it this morning anyway! I missed the end last night! I personally dont think watchdog is a crap Tv show, they have helped alot of people over time and made a good awareness to people not to be so trusting. I think that is really the problem here, people have trusted what they have read on the inviting website, and trusted who they thought at the time to be a proffesional ( sadly a proffesional dodgy dealer). Perhaps it will stop the average Joe who is maybe not as aware as some of us to take the proper route to buying and signs to look out for.

I agree about the sad state of people breeding crap, and not taking responsibilty for an older maybe broken down horse...what a mess it all is.

Last edited:
newrider.com