Kis Vihar Super Bio Rubber Reins

rockymountain

Jun 3, 2009
Falmouth, Cornwall UK
Hi

I purchased a few pairs of Kis Vihar super bio rubber reins. Quite a few years back , ,now they have worn out and would like some more .

Does anyone know what has happened to Kis, I know she used to trade under the name of Bespoke Browbands and Karin Hackett

Yes, she gave up making reins. She made me a lovely pair of driving reins which I use for long reining. So much better than anything that I could have bought elsewhere and I wish that I had ordered 2 pairs now.

Many thanks for the replies, her FB account doesn’t look like it’s been used for a few years,such a shame they were beautiful Reins , does anyone know of any that are similar I’ve found Henry James Bio Grip Reins and Heritage Saddlery has anyone tried there and are they similar to the Kis ones ? Or any other recommendations, the pimples really worn out on mine so def need a new set but dont want them to thick and heavy - Thanks

Shires Blenheim Soft Grip reins are lovely. They are pimpled rubber over webbing with leather either side of the rubber. I've had a pair in brown and black without issue and they're very comfortable to hold.

I still have my Continental reins with rubber threads in them, the best reins I have ever ever used. Karin is still active on Facebook as far as I know.

newrider.com