Klumsy Klutz of the Year Award Goes to Buddy

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
I do own the klutz of the year 2018. We got out today, were going along a track where he can watch the racehorses working, we came upon a large tree stump, newly cut so not there last time he did this route. He was so busy looking at it, next thing I know he is doing a bow, my hands are almost on the ground and his right knee is on the ground so we are almost doing down dog in yoga but on one side....not very comfortable. I remember thinking my brand new jacket, second time on, only supposed to be washed 25 times in its lifetime to prevent the high viz fading, is now going to be black. But no he finds a leg, staggers up right and has a shake! I am quite surprised to still be on board....in fact I really have no idea how I am still on board.

Five minutes later, we are coming down a steep hill on the road, he sees a horse come out of the yard further down and head off beyond him. Of course, this is the next challenge, as we might catch up and pass this horse. So he is being a total wally like he is on fun rides, on the steepest part of the hill, the horse ahead hears him and is cantering on the spot. I shout to rider to check she is ok and does she want me to turn around and go the other way or ok to keep going and come by. We managed to do this with neither horse being a total twat.

Buddy bounces all the way home. He has to pass a field with 4 horses galloping in it, but survives.

It's nice to know that at nearly 24 he is still full of fun.

Reactions: Jane&Ziggy
- nice to hear someone else owns a dingbat! My very chubby boy bumps his backside (BIG backside) every time he goes into his stable. Spatial awareness not his strength! . Glad you got back in one piece!

At least you stayed on. I went for lesson yesterday and mine triped over the pole on the floor. Goes down on his knee and I went over his head. Was in walk as well. Felt a right plonker. So clumsy award goes to me I think.

At least you stayed on. I went for lesson yesterday and mine triped over the pole on the floor. Goes down on his knee and I went over his head. Was in walk as well. Felt a right plonker. So clumsy award goes to me I think.

I am amazed that isn't what happened to me as at one point one hand was on the ground, but he had the generosity to stagger to his feet with me still on board

- nice to hear someone else owns a dingbat! My very chubby boy bumps his backside (BIG backside) every time he goes into his stable. Spatial awareness not his strength! . Glad you got back in one piece!

yes he has a tendency to walk into the stable wall as he comes in even though it is a double stable....

Reactions: Huggy
newrider.com