Laminitis app

joellie

Apr 24, 2011
N.Ireland
I use the laminitis app and this is the first time this year it has went off the scale so to speak..it must be this very hot, dry weather. So everyone just be extra cautious with the grass and our lammi prone ponies.
Screenshot_20170620-104333.png

I have the app too, its was off the scale all the time over the winter and is again now, they say anything that stresses grass will push the sugars up, frost and flood and drought will all do it :(

@Trewsers they monitor the local weather conditions and use that to predict the rise and fall of NSC's in grass, its by no means specific to your field and doesn't give NSC level in any kind of figure (just as the picture above, red/amber/green) but it does give a good guide of times to be more warey :)

Wow!
How does it work then? OH is very interested.

@Jessey gave a great explanation :D I have brought my boys in a bit earlier than usual this morning. So they are in with some hay, probably also glad to get away from the cleggs..well Marley is anyway.. I felt both of their feet for heat and checked their pulses when I brought them in but all was well, thank goodness. Marley has broken into the middle section 3 times in the last week so I got a newly recharged battery put on last night and actually got around to attaching the solar panel I got a few months back and he was still on the track this morning :)

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
Hi I'm a 3rd year BSc student at the Royal Veterinary College completing research in to 'Owners perceptions of laminitis: the role of diet in cause and management'. This will hopefully bridge the gap between what owners believe and what the current research says. This will help better direct future research and improve educational resources for owners to help our beloved horses and ponies. It would be greatly appreciated if you could take 10 minutes to complete this questionnaire.

Many thanks in advance!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...9rvcc2bjfLyoUgzJX4hMNggw/viewform?usp=sf_link

newrider.com