Le TRec

Dizzy Woo

Apr 20, 2008
Dorset
It seem some of you further up the country enjoy Le TRec and have access to it much more than us lot down south. I am very interested in having a go but the only two events i have found have been some distance away.

So I asked FM if she had ever or would ever put on an event. They hold regular shows, Pony Club, Jumping, Clinics etc but her reply was "what the hell is that" after I had explained she said to me "ok, you can get on and organise it" :cold:

I had just wanted to turn up and have a go!!!!

So........ Where do I go from here?? I think I know someone who knows someone who is a BHS instructor and has done clinics before (she thinks) and I have one person who would help with stewarding.

I am green, I don't know where to start, but would love to have the opportunity to have a go and my friend ' the ladies what ride' are eager to try too so it's sort of an opportunity not to miss but feels a lot out of my comfort zone :help:

Ill be putting on some horse agility at Hurn Bridge in April and May which is very similar to the obstacles section. Dont have the facilities or energy to do the COP and orienteering sections!

Ill be putting on some horse agility at Hurn Bridge in April and May which is very similar to the obstacles section. Dont have the facilities or energy to do the COP and orienteering sections!

Maybe I'll come along to that, is it for beginners? Do you have to join anything? Do you get shown what to do or are you meant to know how to do it before you come along?
With Letrec I know I would be useless at the COP but would have enjoyed the orienteering bit and the obstacles.
Organising stuff is quite tiresome but there is beginning to be a bit of a buzz.......

There was a lady teaching Le Trec in Brockenhurst only last year at Ford Farm - I went to watch a few sessions and it looked REALLY interesting, sadly not something I would have time for to train but it looked great fun. Ford Farm might be able to point you in the right direction ?

There was a lady teaching Le Trec in Brockenhurst only last year at Ford Farm - I went to watch a few sessions and it looked REALLY interesting, sadly not something I would have time for to train but it looked great fun. Ford Farm might be able to point you in the right direction ?

Thanks Ruskii, I might give them a call, there's about 6 of us want to have a go and so that's a bit far for us all to get to and we do have a fantastic facility on our farm, that sway I was hoping they may put something on

Where in the country are you? I know someone here in Cambridgeshire who will do clinics, she comes to you with all the obstacles. It's called Trec Trailer and is on Facebook.

We are in Bournemouth which according to Google is about 160 miles away, but sounds just what I'm looking for

Ah that is quite a way away...might be worth contacting her to see how far she travels or if she knows anyone else..do you have Facebook or do you want me to find her details for you?

Thanks Claire, I have FB, it won't let me message ATM but it may be my iPad playing up, will have a go on PC tommorow x

The horse agility event will be open to everyone and I expect most people to be complete beginners. Cathy (FTH) is a HAAT (horse agility accredited trainer) and we will run it as two x 2 hr sessions - 6 people spend a couple of hours in the school working with the obstacles with Cathy supporting) and the other 6 having a go on their own in the field next door and then swap over. If you want to keep in touch with when its on and get the links to the HA site etc join the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/MidSouthHorseAgilityLocalEnthusiastsHale

I hope that long term a small group of people will join IHAC and get together to set up the monthly on line course and support each other videoing but there is no requirement to join anything, just turn up on the day, see what you think and if you want to come back do so!

It may be that once you've been to a couple of events, and see how it works, you'll feel more confident to set something up yourself :smile:

Warminster riding club do trec training events but its an hours drive and the ford farm things were fun too

newrider.com