Learning Japanese

MrC

https://m.facebook.com/MrKiasLife/
Nov 10, 2014
Uk
m.facebook.com
So I’ve started learning Japanese :)

Ive started on the Rosetta Stone app just now, I watch a lot of Japanese anime in English sub so just now I’m understand more than I can speak or write. Hoping within the next month or so I can start to string simple sentences to ask for things, then hopefully expand on that :)

I go to Japan one Feb 2021 so giving myself plenty of time to become at least well understood. I am dyslexic with foreign languages and usually learn to understand more than I can speak or write due to this but I am determined to learn this :D

Lots more subbed and unsubbed anime watching for me now :D not that I needed and excuse to watch anime hahahah ;)

Anyone else learning s new language? Or anyone know Japanese that can give me tips lol :)

Reactions: Jessey and fourlegs
Go you :) I would love to be able to speak another language fluently, I am always envious of people who can. I can speak enough German to get by but that's about it.
My friend got married a few years ago and her grandparents flew in for it and they are German and speak no English and my friend asked me to look after them as I was the only one in the party who could speak any German (other than her and her dad). I brushed up for a few weeks before using a CD on conversational German and it was really effective, when they got her I was able to chat with them and keep them appropriately fed and watered :D

Reactions: Sparky Lily and MrC
I learned French and German at school. Like Mr C I understand more than I can speak, but I can get by with a little refresher as and when necessary. But living in Shetland and my knitting interests have brought Norwegian into the mix. I learned a few basics before a trip to Norway last year, and I have just signed up for an evening class this autumn. We are planning a holiday in Norway next year to celebrate both my and my OH’s 70th birthdays and our golden wedding anniversary!
Good luck with the Japanese!

Reactions: Jessey and MrC
Ganbatte! (Good luck!)

I visited Japan a few years ago and of all the places I have ever been I would most like to go back there. It is such a good idea to learn some of the language, as outside the tourist areas many people have no English at all and they so value courtesy. Are you having a long trip? I am envious!

Reactions: MrC
I am a dunce at languages And at all spelling.

If I am going to a country, I have found the Michel Thomas aural method very good. One starts only in the month before one leaves and it gives one the basic ability to communicate in a language tho not to read.
I have used German, Spanish, Russian and Arabic and have just bought Greek.
The courses have changed and been repackaged over the years. It is important to start with the Foundation course. If you buy the beginner course, you have to pay for the first two discs all over again when you want to go further.
In most languages the first 6 discs are probably all you will need for a holiday - or before going on to a proper text book.
I learned more Arabic from the Michel Thomas discs than in a year of regular lessons.

Ganbatte! (Good luck!)

I visited Japan a few years ago and of all the places I have ever been I would most like to go back there. It is such a good idea to learn some of the language, as outside the tourist areas many people have no English at all and they so value courtesy. Are you having a long trip? I am envious!

I’m going on a month long trip.

I’m visiting Australia, New Zealand and Fiji along with Japan. :) trio of a lifetime so I want to enjoy it thoroughly :D

newrider.com