Length of Britain (nearly) horse ride - help needed

annareeves0

Dec 18, 2007
Bournemouth, Dorset
I think Ive mentioned before that my slightly crazy but very adventurous friend, Nora Kragebakk, is planning an amazing adventure this summer before she returns to Norway to settled down, after being at Uni in Southampton.

She plans to ride, pretty much the length of Britain on her fabulous horse Juniblest over around 4 weeks. The pic is the rough route

Is there anyone that lives near the route that might be able to help out? The most important thing is to find safe grazing for Juniblest who is a very sensible and friendly small gelding. Nora is happy to sleep in the field in a tent/shelter but a sofa and use of a hot shower Im sure would be massively appreciated, if anyone can stretch to it.

Nora is a really lovely, friendly, outgoing but respectful girl and I have no hestitation in vouching for her and her horse. They have both stayed with us several times on the way to or from rides (I met Nora at an endurance ride early last year where we were both newbies and we teamed up for the year)

Its a mad plan, but I really admire her guts and sense of adventure and really wish Id done something like this before I settled down.

If any of you can help out with use of a field or know of suitable common land etc, please pm and Ill let you have Nora's contact details :) Fingers crossed some of you can help out a long the way :biggrin:

Attachments

• 557723_10151495378750038_823485037_23664617_1957288877_n.jpg
    557723_10151495378750038_823485037_23664617_1957288877_n.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 53
Doesn't look as if she is coming past Guildford or she would be welcome in my paddock.

Does she have a web page or blog? I would LOVE to read about her adventure! Or join her.... :smoke:

Length of Britain? Erm you mean length of England, s'not quite the same thing :happy: She will have a great time though, I would love to do a mega ride like that but I am no good at organising!

Wow what an adventure!

Are there any more details of her planned route anywhere? I don't think she passes by here but it looks like she goes near Sheffield so I can ask around the people I know in the area.

Length of Britain? Erm you mean length of England, s'not quite the same thing :happy: She will have a great time though, I would love to do a mega ride like that but I am no good at organising!

Ooops I do mean England!

I remember reading on here a few years ago about someone who lived in france and had a knock on the door from a lady asking for use of a paddock for the night as she was travelling across Europe, alone, with her two horses. Apparently she had some amazing stories to tell! I was very impressed with that but thats way beyond me, but have to confess to being pretty inspired by Nora's plans :)

Gosh - what an adventure. And what a sweet pony - there's nothing of him, bless him (must show Tobes a pic of him!)

I remember reading on here a few years ago about someone who lived in france and had a knock on the door from a lady asking for use of a paddock for the night as she was travelling across Europe, alone, with her two horses. Apparently she had some amazing stories to tell!

Bet she did! It must be awfully intimidating doing something like that on your own - but I think it must be pleasantly surprising how many people you encounter on the way who are willing to help you out.

In Portugal we had a couple of Scottish ladies stay the night with their two donkeys - they were walking right across the Algarve from east to west and the donks were their pack animals. The next day my boss and I joined them for part of the way on horseback, we only had a half-day to spare sadly!

newrider.com