Lets talk muffin tops / spare tyres! UPDATED lol

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Well following on from the body image thread lets talk muffin tops! Anyone got? Or got rid of??? It came to mine and OH's attention yesterday evening - honestly after being together almost 30 years he can still make me splort at the dining table:D:p
We decided something must be done!! lol as we are both sporting love handles / muffin tops / tyres!
How on earth do you shift 'em?! Anyone know any specific exercises??? See, we need Obc already - and she's only been gone a day!!!

OOh I would welcome any advice gladly! I've always been very curvy, with most of my excess weight on bum and thighs. I always had a waist no matter how lardy I was lower down - the classic pear shape. Now the dreaded muffin top and another belly above the one that should be there. Disgraceful - is a menopause thing do you suppose?

OOh I would welcome any advice gladly! I've always been very curvy, with most of my excess weight on bum and thighs. I always had a waist no matter how lardy I was lower down - the classic pear shape. Now the dreaded muffin top and another belly above the one that should be there. Disgraceful - is a menopause thing do you suppose?

I think it might be menopause linked. I'm in perimenopause so lord only knows what shape I'll end up in the next five years:Do_O
I just wish I could get it shifted - I do feel a bit "sausagey" atm lol:D:p

Sorry to say that nothing gets rid of fat from a specific area. Everyone has a unique shape and will put on weight in different places at different rates. Weight loss reduces inches all over - not from the places with most reserves! And toning up doesn't shift fat either. You could have super toned abs but all hidden under a layer of fat. I can't lose my hips unless I actually become underweight - I lose weight from my top half much quicker even though I am slim up top and bigger below.

If only there was a way, I just need to loose 2 stone and reduce my all over body fat then my spare tyre, chubby thighs, butt and boobs would all reduce. I think im going to have to go back to the docs to get more pain killers to work out more (fibro means my body gets pain signals for no reason so its not like I'd be damaging myself but its too intense to run without)

I've just started to go to the gym. I had a programme worked out by one of the trainers and do a mix of cardio and weights, plus some mat work (hello plank!!!)

I've done the whole work out once (on Thursday) and my legs were still aching on Saturday! Feel a bit better today but I'm back at the gym on Tuesday so I'll start all over again!

I want to loose two stone and drop back down to a size 10. That's when I felt most comfortable with myself, as a size 10.

A friend swears by slimfast. He was starting to get a bit of a pot belly and couldn't fit into his leathers (he races bikes, not some fetishist!) tried slimfast and lost the excess. I've never tried it but he certainly lost his spare tyre.

A friend swears by slimfast. He was starting to get a bit of a pot belly and couldn't fit into his leathers (he races bikes, not some fetishist!) tried slimfast and lost the excess. I've never tried it but he certainly lost his spare tyre.

Lol to the fetishist bit! Hahhaaaaa. Going o/t here but I typed in long skirts on ebay a while back and it brought up a MAN in a long leather skirt:eek:o_O:p

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
I did very successfully get rid of my jelly belly back in the winter - purely by going on a very low carb diet - any other diet I lost weight but still had the dreaded old ladies jelly belly.

Sorry to say though I have just lately been comfort eating and grabbing at all things high carb and back comes the belly. But as soon as my life is back on target and Dolly is Ok,. my son is Ok, my OH is OK and my charity fund raising is the only thing challenging me - I WILL SHIFT IT AGAIN!!!!:p

Reactions: chev
newrider.com