Libby takes us across 40 acres *PICS*

Soot

Paranoid!
Aug 7, 2007
East Sussex
Time for a Libby update.
I have been riding her as often as possible and I've remained master of her throughout her tantrums. I feel really torn. I *can* ride her, but I'm not enjoying it any more. If I could get rid of her and know she would have a great life, then I'd do so at once. Ah well, we're stuck with each other for now, Libby & me!

Here are some nice pics of Libby looking for her buddies after a ride. Our pasture is 40 acres. There are 20-something horses in there at the moment, but they are little more than specks in the distance! Luckily Libby comes to call or I don't think I'd be going looking for her ;).

The trough is right by the gate, so they have to fill up before they go out into the big wide beyond!
DSC02289.JPG

And so the journey begins. We have a muddy area of about 1/4 acres around the main gate, where all the horses congregate when they're waiting to come in.
DSC02293.JPG

DSC02298.JPG

Then there are several options of pathways into the pasture. Buttercup problem we have indeed! Our pasture reaches as far as you can see on this pic!
DSC02301.JPG

DSC02300.JPG

With so much space, it's not always easy to find your friends ...
DSC02303.JPG

Luckily they have powerful voices to let you know where they are (unfortunately for me, UP the hill *pant pant*).
DSC02304.JPG

A quick confirmation
DSC02305.JPG

And we're off!
DSC02316.JPG

DSC02311.JPG

Finally - the herd!
DSC02342.JPG

And her best friend (of the week *lol*): Bella-cob.
DSC02317.JPG

Hope you enjoyed :)

Ah wow your pasture is like something out of a kids book! Beautiful!

Libby looks lovely, love the last one of her wandering off into the distance! Bet you were puffed out :p xx

It's a lovely mixed herd of TBs, warmbloods, natives and cobs!

Sometimes the winters can be harsh (the other side of that crest is the SEA! Bit breezy up there sometimes!), but the rest of the year more than makes up for it ;).

wow!!! what afield!!!!!!

lovely pics - what a fab place to be!:D

Lovely different set of photos, if any one of mine were on there they would never be seen again:rolleyes:

Are they all as easy as Libby to catch?

Are they all as easy as Libby to catch?

Yup!
They all come to call individually ...
And occasionally as a group, which as a bit intimidating when you're standing at the bottom of the hill and they all come thundering down!

There's only one mare who is rarely seen. A New Forest who decided when her owner got pregnant that she would turn herself away for a year ;).

newrider.com