Libby update

HorseHelen

Sep 17, 2006
at the farm, near the zoo
Not posted in a good while so thought I'd do a short update!

18 months ago Libby was diagnosed with an inoperable mass above her sinuses the size of a grapefruit. Well she'd defied the odds and is still going!

Last weekend I got a tow vehicle so I took her out to a local country park with bridleways.

She loaded in about 15 mins both ways which is amazing considering our previous loading issues. It once took me 7 hours to get her on a posh 7 tonne lorry! Eek

Good ginger pony!

Attachments

• IMG_8787.JPG
    IMG_8787.JPG
    581.8 KB · Views: 20
Yes thankfully
If they restart there's nothing we can do. She has a snotty nose at times but she seems happy enough. I won't keep her going longer than she's happy obviously and she has regular checks

That's brilliant. It sounded so distressing to deal with at the time and such a worry that it might happen when you weren't there. What a relief that everything has settled down
Xx

That's brilliant. It sounded so distressing to deal with at the time and such a worry that it might happen when you weren't there. What a relief that everything has settled down
Xx

It was a real shock and worry when she got diagnosed. The vet thought she'd be ok for that summer and then hard decisions would be needed. She's amazed us all. Think it's been growing slowly for quite some time

Reactions: Trewsers
Just to say we moved about 7 months ago now to a new yard where she roams ten acres on a hillside with 4 others in a mixed herd 24/7. Really suits her and the yard has great views too.

The field owners daughter hacks her out quite a bit and she absolutely loves her ahead of her own horses lol oops. I don't always get much time to ride so it's nice she's enjoyed by others too.

We had an amazing 8 mile hack up the chevin recently. It's not flat around here but she loved it and the views are so nice

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com