Libra Trec... which saddle pad?

Sexy Sietske

Aug 18, 2006
Derbyshire/nottinghamshire
I have a libra trec to get my lad going under saddle before buying him a tree'd saddle for when he has filling out. I got the package thing and really regretting it now :eek: HATE the pad and HATE the girth... I have another girth to use with it (humane dressage girth) but not sure where to start with a pad.

Can someone point me in the right direction please :D

I have the new design libra trek and i use a haf pad. I sold libra pad it fitted ok with older size but didnt with the newer one. Though this could be due to buying cob saddle and getting full size pad which is too big.
I use non elastic girth and i also have neoprene dressage one.

I have the new design libra trek and i use a haf pad. I sold libra pad it fitted ok with older size but didnt with the newer one. Though this could be due to buying cob saddle and getting full size pad which is too big.
I use non elastic girth and i also have neoprene dressage one.

Half pad like a sheepskin one? Or something like a polite? Would that do as I could use that with a normal saddle too as it quite slim compare to the beasty bulk of the libra trec or sheepskin.

picture.php

this is the haf pad, it's shame it's white, but i grabbed it as buy it now off ebay. (if anyone is selling same but not white please pm:))

I had the package a couple of years ago and hated the girth, the buckles came above the sleave and dug in, I brought a different girth from them in the end costing £40 but is is fantastic and was worth it!

I have the libra trec with HAF pad and its not really working for us at the mo (will persevere a little while longer) I am finding the pad stays put but the saddle is slipping sideways over the pad - if I girth any tighter Im going to suffocate the poor thing or at very least get bitten in protest! I took the shims out today to try and that was a little better but would also be keen to hear what anyone else is finding works with their trec. I have a barrel on legs :D

newrider.com