Life and Death situation (Long post)

Demson

Mar 29, 2004
Northampton UK
www.northantsnaturally.co.uk
Things are so strange, read on and let me know what you think.

I was playing Mahjong on my laptop, there are 6 grids you can play and usually I do each one either on the first attempt or within 3. Last night one particular grid just wouldn't let me win.. I played it about 12 times to no avail. Eventually at 12 midnight I was tired and decided to quit. I just happened to look at my phone to see a message from a mate saying her horse had colic again. (He had colic on Thursday and again last night)

Then another message to say he was being walked to the field to be put to sleep.

I said why and it was because they had no transport and he was in a lot of pain and unfair to risk him dying anyway. I said I would get my trailer out if the vet said ok. We got the horse to the vet surgery in Newmarket to be operated on and I finally got back home at 5am. Stayed up and went and fed my horses and friends at 7am, hback hime I was restless and never got to sleep until 10am. woke again at 2pm feeling really ill.

Here is the eerie bit.

1) Usually I and everyone else is finished at the horses field by 4pm this day I left at 4.45pm and friend arrived at 5pm to find her horse not right and in pain. If we'd left the field at the usual time her horse would have died in pain that night.

2) Did some powers make me keep playing that game of Mahjong till midnight keeping me awake, I usually go to bed aroung 9 - 9.30am. If I'd gone to bed the usual time I'd not have seen the message until too late

3) When I got home at 5am I decided for the sake of 2 hrs to stay awake and go feed the horses in the field. To pass the time I decided to play this game again,,, I beat it first time... makes, what was it that stopped me completing the game last night when previously and this morning I did it straight away?

I'd like to think something was doing all they could to save this horse, what ... I don't know but the good news is that the horse has had surgery and is doing fine and will stay at the veterinary for a few weeks.

At first even the vets thought they were going to have to put the horse to sleep in the trailer as he was in so much pain.

So it was great news to hear he'd come through the surgery and was doing as well as expected.

I will never forget the look of pain in the horses eyes and feeling totally helpless while the vet team did all they could.

Sorry for the long post and cookies for reading to the end.

I feel ill as this has really took it out of me and I have only managed a few hrs sleep.

I've heard that there is a reason for coincidences, we just haven't found the answers yet. And there are a lot of what-ifs in the world that could drive you mad trying to go through them all. The main thing is that your friend's horse is recovering and likely to be as pain-free as possible now. Go get some decent rest! And be happy for the horse :)

Spooky! At least horsey is on the mend now and hope makes a full recovery :)

Isn't it annoying how addictive mahjong is, always have to beat the computer and complete game, same as spider solitare!!:D

Found out today, after the operation which went well Knight caught a bacterial infection, his organs started failing and he just laid down and left us, There was nothing the vet could do.

The comforting thing is knowing he wasn't in pain. RIP Knight we love you

newrider.com