Like hens teeth???

LauraLou

Aug 10, 2006
Weird title I know, but it seems apt! I am getting really frustrated at my current yard, I have been there 14 months and we have been promised since then that the school would be done...still no school! I have 3 horses and am really limited as to what I cna do with them...no hacking either... however, all of them are really settled and do like it there. Cant see the school ever getting done really, or not to the standard I would like at least. Also, recently have fallen out with someone up the yard, over something silly but its really escalated, there parents go up the yard too and have started being not so nice to me, plus some of her mates too. Dont get me wrong, its a big yard and I have plenty of other people to talk to but it does get me down as I normally get on with everyone.
So now I have two choices...stick where I am and plod along without a school or hacking, just riding in the fields, or move. I did find a nice yard but its just that tad bit too far out. And all the other yards round here are sadly lacking, it seems with them all I would have to make big sacrifices I dont wanna make...i.e no school...they also have to have field liveries, and do DIY stables. So I have decided, good yards in my area are as rare as hens teeth!
So come on gals and guys, give me some opinions...ride it out where I am and just deal with the lack of facilities or carry on looking?

p/s well done if u got to the end of my moaning! :D

i would carry on looking - you never know you may find somewhere ideal right under your nose:D

its obviously more than just the argument that you are not happy at the yard. the facilities are preventing you from being able to fully enjoy and do what you want with your horses so look around.

you will never get everything you want so you need to decide what is most important to you but for me i couldnt live without a school!!

hats what I was thinking...the yard before this one had a school and it meant I could school Luka properly and she really started going nicely...it doesnt help that I have had people up this yard tell me to retire her as she has been off work with various things for a while, but essentially she is a good horse when can be ridden, and I think its ridiculous to think of retiring her. I thinks its because ever since I got there she has declined schooling wise as havent had anywhere to ride, and they just all think she is a nutter.

Ho hum will carry on looking...thanks for your reply!

newrider.com