little oliver update

rubysmum

Sep 11, 2006
leicester
havnt really posted here for a bit - so for no particular reason - little oliver update

in june he looked like this

DSC01079.jpg

we've had a rocky summer together - his habit of bogging off at speed back to his field when the spirit moves him have done little for my confidence - but we have struggled & continue to plough on

so, yesterday he looked like this [ i know my riding is poor - i am still quite anxious riding him in big open spaces on his own]

IMG_6724.jpg

and a photo a ruby too - just cos i can:D

IMG_6573.jpg

I didn't realise tbh you had been having some problems, sorry to hear that, doesn't take much does it to give a knock to confidence, I know, have been there.

Good to hear that you have been working thro' it. You will get there along the line;) He is looking much better, I wouldn't have believed it was
the same Horse tbh, he is a gorgeous colour.

Must be great to be able to get on Ruby for the 'real' relaxation;)

Firstly can I say I cannot believe the colour difference in him that is amazing, secondly well done you keep going and the more you do the more you confidence will flood back - you can do it :D

Also I must say though Ruby is really yummy!!

Hey little oliver is looking hot! Although not so little any more! What you feeding him to put all that good condition on? Is he not a full tb? I thought I could remember you saying he was in another post?

x

WOW, he looks really different (gorgeous) is it fair to say he is now liver chestnut? love liver chestnuts.

he is most def a liver chestnut now- was sold to me as an IDxTB - i was hoping more ID than TB tbh:eek:
his lovely looks somewhat disguise his personality - which can only be described as being a "bit if a git really"
we are working on his groundmanners which are improving but leave something to be desired
our first attempt at solo hacking ended up with him bolting back to yard & scaring the living bejaysus out of me - in fairness, not a difficult thing to do:rolleyes:
his schooling work is showing tiny improvements & we are generally happy riding in an enclosed space - just a shame i dont have one of those & have to pay to hire one:rolleyes:
his hacking in company is coming along nicely but i still dont feel i have a lot of trust in him - hoopefully that will grow
the big issue with him is his tendancy to nap back - at speed - to the gate of his own field - he does it ridden/lunged/in hand - with no warning & for no reason that i can see - as our schooling field is a HUGE field leading to many other HUGE fields - it doesnt make for a happy time for me - the only consolation i can take is that he does it with much more compatent riders than me
any ideas/hints would be very welcome:)

He looks really good:) great condition, and shiny coat.. he'd put weight on compared to the first picture, and it's all in the right places:D

cant ride or lunge him in his own field cos its very hilly - he can see his own field from the field we are allowed to ride in - which probably doesnt help - the issue seems to be more about him doing things on his own - altho he seems quite happy for me to walk him in hand to the local RS & to have a lesson on him on his own there - i do try & do stuff with him on his own - ie away from big hoss ruby - to try & keep his herd allegiance under control & he's just a bit unpredectiable with it & i have no desire for him to take off with me - my nerves just cant take it:rolleyes:

I must say, you're defo getting something right;) he must be feeling the joys of new autumn grass, and wants to show off:p

newrider.com