Little Update from me

Cortrasna

Grumpy old nag
Aug 5, 2009
Ireland
For those who might remember me - have been very busy last 18 months or so with my online business but unfortunately (or perhaps not) like Topsy grew and grew much bigger and much faster than I had every expected or even wanted and gradually consumed almost every hour of the day. A far cry from the little table top business I had intended to give me a little pin money in my retirement for sure.

Anyway that is now temporarily closed while new owners take over ..imagine it actually grew successful enough to attract a buyer when I only intended to close it and get back to normal life - who would have thought! o_O

So the sort of sad news bit is my lovely Dolly unfortunately became very ill awhile back - and we cannot ever be certain what was going on with her due to all sorts of complications and false readings on many, many blood tests. But general unsubstantiated due to intricacies with blood testing for it in equines, but much respected veterinary opinion is she almost certainly had horsey version of Lymes disease caused by tick bites. She was treated for this along with treatment for a lot of other possibilities, possibly too late to stop any long term damage from Lymes, but long and short is she is now as healthy and well as she will ever be. Not the same feisty lady she was and to ride very, very reluctant and lacking in her normal oomph and energy despite remaining on a myriad of blood boosters etc. etc. But as I am sure you will have guessed - she isn't going anywhere and is now the much loved and adored Doyenne of the field and awaits her 'Prince charming' who will be joining her this Sunday in the Cortrasna herd to carry out the hacking duties and generally keep the old biddy riding out for as long as possible. Please meet MIller :D

I like the look of Miller.
I reckon she might perk up so to speak. ;)

And yes how could I forget you.
Welcome back if you are back.

• Haha
Reactions: Cortrasna
Oh Miller is a hunk! How did you find him, how old is he?

I am so glad Dolly is still around, and cherished as she deserves despite her debilitated state. It's lovely to hear from you, and I appreciated very much your coming on to the forum to commiserate with me after Ziggy died. If you check my threads you'll see I have a baby arriving on Wednesday - I look forward to your help with him! :D

ETA a baby horse. A baby HORSE!

Thank you Jane for the welcome back . I was so sad to read about Ziggy :( I am assuming a four legged baby! I mean who would get excited over any other sort of baby lol! I am just off to scour the forum catching up with you all.
Miller is Id X TB - just coming 9 - 16.2 heavyweight lump of loveliness. I took the bull by the horns and put a very honest 'looking for' advert on my FB tack page before I closed, had a good few replies, most of them offering me stuff even older and more knackered than Dolly and I. But among all the dross this gorgeous boy at an incredible deal was offered to me by an owner who was more concerned about home than bank account, she has had Miller since 4 months old , often said but rarely genuine :) .... he will be on 2 weeks trial which is a huge bonus, well over here anyway. Cant believe my good fortune to be honest, fingers crossed the trial works out for both of us :)

Reactions: domane
Isn't it great when that happens. I found Charlie through a great horsey friend, in fact she used to share my field. She's a smashing horsewoman and an equine chiropractor and she knows Charlie and his current mum very well so I knew everything was above board. Priceless!

Well done on making your business so successful, did I read it right you will still be dabbling in selling bits?

He's a handsome beast, looking forward to following your adventures with him :) It's a shame Dolly had to retire, but great that you have been able to get her comfortable enough to be able to retire to the field :)

Yes Jessey I will be selling bits only - a totally new venture opening up in August. Carefully considered and thought out online store for a VERY small business that won't take up all my time and energy but hopefully still get a little pin money, well thats the plan anyway! ;)

Reactions: Jessey
Good to see you back Cortrasna, sorry to hear about Dolly but so happy that you still have her to admire in the field. As for Miller, yes, he certainly is a handsome chap isn't he.
I guess you were a victim of your own success with your online store, glad you've got a buyer for it and that it's taken a bit of pressure off yourself - more time to go ride the new fella when he arrives :)

Sorry about Dolly - Nice update tho. A bit sorry that your next horse in the end was personal and didnt come after all from the same yard as Dolly.
I too am back riding - Wally told me to - and was hacking this week on a powerful horse as if I were still young and foolish. Hope your trial with Miller goes equally well and revives you.

newrider.com