Livery in Currie / Balerno, Edinburgh

gb050573

Sep 22, 2008
Edinburgh, Scotland
Hi

I posted a thread a few days ago asking about livery in the Eddleston / Peebles area but the house move is now 99% off :mad: so I am staying put. I live in Currie and have been trying to get in touch with the owners of Midkinleith Livery - am I right in thinking that there are people on here that livery there or nearby?

I would ideally like grass / box type livery as it is for an Exmoor pony. I don't have him yet but would like to get something sorted so I can organise to get him up before we really get into winter.

All help gratefully received!!

Gillian

Fizz

Aug 28, 2004
no idea if MK have spaces, been told WK doesnt.

easterkinleith does but thats stable/grass, no school etc but MK is 30 seconds away and you can hire that:)

Fizz

Aug 28, 2004
there are a few yards up by the SSPCA and there is a gelding only yard in balerno, also the other way is woodhall farm which you can get to through juniper green:)

gb050573

Sep 22, 2008
Edinburgh, Scotland
Do you have contact details for MK? I drove up yesterday but there was nobody around. I left a note but it may have blown away!

I went to WK too and spoke to someone who said there might have been a couple of boxes, but he wasn't sure and I've taken the number of Sandy.

Fizz

Aug 28, 2004
was told yesterday sandy was full but building more stables, maybe someone else is leaving, its a nice yard, used to be there and my old sharer has her horse there:)

i am in balerno, rent a small yard there for my 2:)

gb050573

Sep 22, 2008
Edinburgh, Scotland
I knew someone who kept their pony there a wee while ago (Rupert, another Exmoor), and a few people I know were at the show this year with their Exmoors and said it was really nice. I think I'll give Sandy a call as well and see if he has space or will have space.

Thanks a million for the info.

Gillian

Fizz

Aug 28, 2004
he was a lovely old lad, felt so sorry for him:(

he was in the front block with my boy when i had him there.

gb050573

Sep 22, 2008
Edinburgh, Scotland
It certainly is a small world. He was lovely. Apparently he had pneumonia when he was a foal, hence his slightly reduced size and health issues, but he did them all proud in the end. I can't remember the name of Steven's step-daughter, but she loved him so much, we were all very sad at the end.

Fizz

Aug 28, 2004
gosh, i cant remember but shes still in the same house and shes a grown up lass now lol

i ended up moving my 2 to the middle yard and Rupert had my old box and the cut out section in the door:)

kind of got a bit too lively up there after that and i stayed well out the way lol

gb050573

Sep 22, 2008
Edinburgh, Scotland
Yes, I'm going back a bit and was just thinking she must be all grown up!! How time flies!! Must have been at least 6 or 7 years ago (or more...).

Lively is not what I'm looking for!! I want somewhere peaceful and quiet where I can get to know my new boy and go for lovely long hacks. The hacking from MK and WK looks fantastic. I drove past a track that went up the side of a field towards the Pentlands on my way back yesterday and the sight of it made me want to drool!! I've been pony-less for too long methinks!!

All going well I'm hoping to be able to arrange for him to come up in a few weeks. Although I'm in the process of kitting us both out as I had a flood in my garage that went unnoticed for a few weeks and which ruined all my pony stuff, and he's not coming with any tack. I got a L&R saddle on Ebay for a very good price, hoping like mad it fits. He also has SI so I need to get a couple of good fly rugs. And the rest!! Credit card is taking a hammering this month...

Fizz

Aug 28, 2004
bear in mind MK has a lot of kids around and is pretty busy as is WK now as sandy built new stables and i think is planning more, so its not that quiet.

the hacking is fantastic, never get bored of it:D

EK might be better for you as there is only 1 livery there with 3 ponies

Jillybean

Mar 12, 2002
edinburgh
Visit site
WK is fairly quiet - pass as to if new stables are getting built as us liveries in the new bit have got a whole load of winter hay & haylage in which is taking up all the spare space!!

As far as I know, no one is leaving in the near future and it is full at the mo.

gb050573

Sep 22, 2008
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cheers Jillybean - looks like a nice set-up at WK, shame it's full. I've sorted a space at MK, still no pony!

Think I've settled on an arrival date of 7th November though so not too long to wait.

I'm nervous! And excited!