Livery in Currie / Balerno, Edinburgh

You'll like MK I know a girl who has a pony there, she is on here in fact & the owners are the nicest people you could ever meet. The hacking is amazing, and the Pentlands are fab

I've been at MK for a couple of weeks now and can vouch for the fact that the owners are great, nothing is too much trouble for them. I'm on grass livery at the moment.

Soozy

I'll be coming to join you then Soozy - really looking forward to it - I kept my previous Exmoor at Malleny when I first had him but we never ventured as far up as the Pentlands (I never knew about Poet's Glen!).

I only met Charlene but she did seem v v nice, I think the pony (Flare) will be happy there.

I think Flare could be a bit of a speed merchant as well (when he gets fit) so we should do a NR rideout (when the weather's better)!

I'm a little nervous about hacking out on my own as I didn't do too much of that with the previous pony, and although I would like to hack out alone sometimes (the pony's OK with it, it's just me!) it would be good to know if people were keen to go out together as well.

Let's hope neither!! So what's your beast like? And how long have you had him / her?

Jillybean, love the Highlands, used to know a lovely one where I kept my previous pony. She was lush.

Let's hope neither!! So what's your beast like? And how long have you had him / her?

Jillybean, love the Highlands, used to know a lovely one where I kept my previous pony. She was lush.

He's called Seamus, Irish cob, 15.1 7 years old, a bit underweight still, but with a lovely nature. Only had him a couple of weeks but love him to bits already. He's my first horse so it's all a bit new and daunting to me. No saddle yet, giving him a bit of a holiday until he's settled and up to weight.

Jillybean, I think you know my friend Brenda ****? LOL at the swear filter, word is short for Richard !

He's called Seamus, Irish cob, 15.1 7 years old, a bit underweight still, but with a lovely nature. Only had him a couple of weeks but love him to bits already. He's my first horse so it's all a bit new and daunting to me. No saddle yet, giving him a bit of a holiday until he's settled and up to weight.

Be nice to meet you both, although at 12hh, Flare will be looking up to say hello! He's currently on a yard with hunters though, so should be used to it. Seamus sounds lovely.

I have bought a saddle for Flare but I don't think it'll fit - nowhere near wide enough!! Planning on a long settling in period for us too though.

Yes I know Brenda, and Ossy and her yellow dun 4yo :) Heart Attack hill is called so as it's bloody steep and you must Never Look Behind you.... I did once and nearly fell off due to vertigo!!

Ah yes, have walked up it a few times! Never tire of the views there, can't wait to hack out - hmmm, better get a saddle first:D

Soozy
x

Me too!! I'm thinking of going for a treeless saddle as I'm pretty sure the one I have will not fit Flare - more like perch on top!

Did the currie rideout not go up that track last year???

Looks familiar lol!!!

Nikki xxxxx:D

newrider.com