Loads of pictures - confo and jumping critiques perhaps?

* Groomette *

Just Jump It
This is my horse, Dudley. He's 10yrs old, QH grade (not registered). He's my hunter, perhaps my eventer. He's come a long way, I'd like to know what you guys think of his muscle tone...he needs a bit more in his neck, but overall. Also, I didn't roach his mane. Since he's been getting more muscle, it's decided it wants to stand up and be a mohawk...I cannot tame it. It used to be so perfect *sniffle* LOL.

My Duddy. He's not REALLY this downhill, he is downhill...but he was digging holes because he hates being alone and then decided to stand in one. Didn't help that he looks like a giraffe in thsi one, either.

Jumping002.jpg

Jumping009.jpg

Jumping080.jpg

67920646.jpg

Jumping069.jpg

And some jumping pictures...I know I shouldn't be chuting two horses at once, but we were teaching the other horse (major wuss, doesn't do anything on his own), and they both worked wonderfully together.

Jumping054.jpg

Haha, someones mad and bored.
Jumping022.jpg

Jumping038.jpg

And a couple random pictures from the last Pony Club thinger.
rs-inACircle.jpg

rs-gettingOrganized.jpg

Let me know what you think :) Any idea on his muscle tone be sure to let me know...:)

Last edited:
Originally posted by Waikato Valuta
He looks great. Maybe needs some more back muscle but his back might just be that shape it's hard to tell.

He came with a relatively sway back. I've wondered about the back thing, but really don't know how much more msucle I can put onto it.

Here's his 'original confo shot', if it helps with a comparison. This was taken pretty much one year ago. (September 24th, 2003)...I got him the week following. This was on our test ride.
20049308697030830083380.jpg

As you say, he is a bit downhill, not the most stunning conformation in the whole world.. but who cares about conformation when you have a jump like that! In the jumping pictures he is really basculing, especially in the second picture, front leg action is very neat, he's reaching forwards and down with his neck and he's bringing his back legs up well.

He looks a lot like my friends horse Buster who is in fact a part hanoverian! As for muscle tone I would have said it's pretty good.. his neck looks veery strong, I expect he can be a bit of a tank when he wants to ;) He may be able to do with a little more tone in the area behind the saddle, which should come through more working on the flat correctly.

Rachel xx

newrider.com