Lock down for another month

Wally

Apr 16, 2000
Looks like the poultry is stuck in until the end of Feb now. I have started eating the cockerels. My feed bills have rocketed as there's nothing for them to forage now. My old Veggie patch has been scratched bare.

On a brighter note, I am getting eggs now

We've just had an outbreak of Avian Flu declared in Settle (H5N8). Just a small backyard flock, but the immediate area is an exclusion zone and we are on the edge of the surveillance zone. What a shocker. So all the birds in our neighbourhood are being put in wherever possible. Apparently it was confirmed on Dec 6th. One wonders why/how it's taken so long to get into the public domain i.e. the local rag and Facebook.

Oh dear poor birdies, they will be going stir crazy. At least your veg patch will be well manured, your greens will jump up like skyrockets this spring!

****WHISPERS*** It's quite nice being able to get into the feed shed without falling over 40 plus hens!

We've just had an outbreak of Avian Flu declared in Settle (H5N8). Just a small backyard flock, but the immediate area is an exclusion zone and we are on the edge of the surveillance zone. What a shocker. So all the birds in our neighbourhood are being put in wherever possible. Apparently it was confirmed on Dec 6th. One wonders why/how it's taken so long to get into the public domain i.e. the local rag and Facebook.

Oh gosh how awful. You are not far from where we used to live in Newton.

newrider.com